MK Dons

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Should they be sponsored by MK Donalds?
  2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

'Burgered' if I know.....
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Once again the spelling skills of our many tmpers astound me...
  4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

They should be sponsored by Bank Santander Central Hispano as they will very shortly be the biggest employer in MK [​IMG]
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

*covers ears waiting for the tirade from Roy and Linda Taylor*

(MK Dons or "Mc Franchise" as Roy and Linda choose to call them stole their clubs league status and they aren't too chuffed about it either!!!)
  8. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

we call them loads of different names but not able to post them on tmp!
    but the main ones are McFranchise and MK Scum

9. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Well you know it must have been hard to resist the move to the heartland of football.

10. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Any football fan of any club (outside of the top 5 or 6 big boys) should rightly be calling them names !! It could happen to any of us , particularly lower league clubs.I would be interested to know what sort of following they are attracting now from the local area (if any).It's a crime that the FA allowed this to happen.
    Lots of sympathy with Roy and Linda - my mate Simon was / is a loyal wimbledon supporter and travels from southend to support AFC.Am looking forward to seeing them in the league eventually , meeting and beating MK !!

I know there were some suggestions at the start of the season that fans from other clubs would not travel to MK away with their teams , but would go to AFC instead on the day that they were supposed to be playing ! Don't know whether this took off but it sounds like a good idea !
  11. 2nd man down

They currently have one of the lowest overall average attendances in League 1...and we play them on the 23rd Oct.
    Roy and Linda will be sitting with me in with the Huddersfield faithfull proudly sporting their AFC Wimbledon shirts and chearing louder than the rest of us i expect!!

COME ON TOWN!!!!!!!
  12. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

yes it's taken off we do get other clubs fans come to the AFC matches and they are more than welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

We are both looking forward to watching MK Dons loose to Huddersfield!!!!

14. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Give my brother (Barry Toan) a pm when MK are at Layer road (Colchester Utd) - I'm sure the fans there would welcome you
  15. barry toan

barry toan New Member

We actually had them at home a few weeks ago. They bought about 50 fans in total (and this was a local game for them!) and a drum!.....
    The team were terrible (although beat us 1-0 with a freak goal!) and are destined for another relegation this season. Cant see them surviving in the league too much longer! And rightfully so!......
  16. 2nd man down

17. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

MKFranchise are a disgrace.

The only reason that the move happened was because of a deal Walmart/ASDA had to build a new store in Milton Keynes. Part of the deal with the council was that a sporting arena had to be attached to the site.

Pete Winkleman (I can't write how us AFC fans say his name) first tried to get Luton Town to make the move and also Northampton but the boards there told him where to go. Unluckily for us we had an asset stripping chairman by the name of Charles Koppel who gladly sold off the club.

The latest move by them is to ask the FA to rescribe the F.A. Cup so that the name on the FA cup is changed from Wimbledon to MK Dons!

Any one who doesn't think the move is that important then think about what it is like to one day have your club moved 70 miles north, the name changed, the strip and team colours changed and then try to get the history of that club scrubbed out.

At AFC we now enjoy crowds of about the same and sometimes even more than them in the Ryman 1st division where we are currently top and have gone 75 league games unbeaten (beat that Arsenal!). We are also 2 games away from a possible AFC Wimbledon/ MK Mongs F.A. Cup fixture in the 1st round proper.

The team is owned solely by the fans and no one single person will ever be able to take control.

Every time the franchise have a home games there are always fans of the away team who come down and see us instead and they are always welcome, we have our own stadium now and it is not called the Fan's stadium for nothing.

One day we will get our league place back and hopefully the MK Dons will have folded as there is no place for Franchised teams in our game.

Time to get off the soapbox :D
  18. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Preach on Brother Roy !!
    All true football fans agree with you.Regardless of what team we support we have all seen what has happened to Wimbledon and none of us are that secure ( outside of Man U ,Arsenal and Chelsea - and I'm not having a pop at these sides , just being realistic ) that it couldn't happen to us. Shame on Koppel and his Norwegian mates for what they did to you. As far as I am concerned , there's only one Wimbledon and its AFC. There are also (presumably) non-league teams around Milton Keynes that would have preferred to get into the Conference / Football league on their own merits , rather than have their following hijacked by Franchise FC.
    As I said in my earlier post , the FA have set a terrible precedent by allowing this to happen . With the poor following they are getting , I am sure MK Dons will go bust pretty soon , but unfortunately this will allow the b****rs behind them to walk away with a tidy profit , which I'm pretty sure is what they had in mind all along.

Went to Selhurst Park a few years ago when Colchester Utd played Wimbledon in FA Cup.We were well beaten , but got a great reception from the fans there.
  19. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Selhurst was the beginning of the end, and we should never have left Plough Lane, the atmosphere just died as we didn't have the support to really fill Selhurst and it never felt like home

Kingsmeadow (aka The Fan's Stadium) is just like the good old days back at the lane, and if you ever go along to a match then stand on the West Bank and you'll appreciate the love for the club :D
  20. barry toan

barry toan New Member

There was an 'interesting' article in last months 442 mag from the new chairman; its followed up in the November issue with the AFC fans perspective on what he wrote. Very interesting!