Misty - Tenor Horn

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Valvecap, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Hi folks - im trying to buy a copy of Broadbents arrangement of the Tenor Horn solo "Misty". Its out there (played it wi loads of bands) - last copy ive seen was published by Wright and Round. Anyone know where I can purchase this? I can find it for Trom and Flugel but Tenor horn is proving elusive! Ive ordered it with a couple of suppliers who have since given backword that they "cant supply". Any ideas? My Solo horn is gonna wring my neck if I dont get hold of it soon - the copies that we are using are the original manuscripts and they are about as old as God!

2. huggie

huggie Member

Also looking for Le Cor Vole (the stolen Horn) if anyone knows where printed parts can be obtained from. Again we have original manuscripts that are now illegible.

3. You can get Le Cor Vole from Just Music, not sure about Misty. Perhaps try Kirklees Music

4. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Derek Broadbent's arrangement was originally arranged for Soprano Cornet (but hi-jacked by Horn players!). Published by Music for Brass - it's still shown in their catalogue - http://www.musicforbrassltd.co.uk/

5. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Nice one Nigel -thanks for that - ill get onto it on monday!

6. Martin

Martin Member

Hear, hear. Sounds better on horn than on sop. But then I would say that wouldn't I?? :)

Cracking arrangement though especially if you add in a few little tweaks and twilrls ala the Grimethorpe album, 'Classic Brass'. :tup

7. huggie

huggie Member

Cracking arrangement though especially if you add in a few little tweaks and twilrls ala the Grimethorpe album, 'Classic Brass'. :tup[/quote]

Good call, Bryan Smith (god bless him) who was the soloist on the classic brass album was my tutor and taught me a great deal about solo playing. ;)