Mission Impossible!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, May 12, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Right the plan is to stay up all night and complete at least two out of four assignments that need to be done by friday so I can go home.

I'm meeting some mates in uni tomorrow at 11am to do one of these assignments so the plan is to stay awake until then...:eek:

The coffee is flowing and the work is progressing...here's wishing me luck! :biggrin:
  2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Ah, the good old days of stuffing as much caffeine as possible in order to get a paper done.

Good luck!
  3. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

One of my mates did an 'all nighter'... saw him the next day and he looked green!

Good luck, I just can't work at night, so I have to carefully plan my schedule ahead... yeah right!

Did 2 essays in a week and I was totally spent!
    Last edited: May 13, 2005
  4. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

For my final year, final semester work, me and my housemates stayed up all night and I think I did 6 assignments in one night!! Including finishing my arranging portfolio!! Id done all the research I just needed to actually write the essays. My arrangements were finished but had no dynamics or things like that on them. I managed to finish them all just about but I felt like crap afterwards!!!!!

Good luck and Im sure you'll be fine!! I managed to get a2:1 and thats exactly how all my deadlines came and went!!

But try having a sausage sandwich before you start!!!!!!! Always helped me to focus!!!!
  5. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

NOt quite at all nighter stage yet, but I've been trying to get a years worth of book reviews into 2 weeks. I have a week left (that'll give me the whit weekend to enjoy myself rather than worrying about work) and strill have 4 out of the 6 sections to complete.

I was given a handy link by moomindave on book reviews, sadly I don't think that oneliners will be quite enough detail!

Best go and review some books i think!
  6. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Hurrah! I've just finished my random Bach performance practice essay, which I've managed to write in 3 days! Just before the end of term before Easter I stupidly was left with a week to finish one essay and write another two! Just about managed it!

I think I'll have to have a few all-nighter-bordering-on-all-24/7 soon, as I've still got 2 assignments to do as well as revising for two written exams AND practicing for my recital!

Bring on the coffee....

PS Andy how's it going? Still with us?
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Think I'm going to have a few late nights this next week, just trying to understand all this stuff before my exams start... 1st order whatyamacallits and eutectoid compolallys...
  8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I have no sympathy for any of us :eek: (not even for me)

By now (and after failing once before) I really should have learnt to do my work as and when I get it, not leaving it until the end ~ alas I haven't...

Living the student lifestyle . . . . too much work, not enough time,plenty of time for all of us to post about how much work we have when we should be doing it and of course time to go out tomorrow night :rolleyes:

Rock on rubbish student types like me :cool:
  9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah well i'm going to have to sit again tonight working, i'm not going to delude myself that I'll get everything finished by tomorrow so I think its going to be all day saturday in front of a comp at home then email me mates to print out my work. But at least i'll have done my composition and arrangement before tomorrow :clap:
  10. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Been awake for nearly a fortnight now... Whatever you do, dont choose dissertation in your final year Andy... Its depressing!!
  11. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I've got a 9000-11000 word dissertation next year... Its two semesters, which is dodgy... I can see already that nowts gonna get done in the first semester and i'll be a creature of the night be the end of the second semester!

Every term I keep saying i'll get me head down.. never happens!
  12. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

At least you're being orgnaised enough to plan for your failure to do your work early!
  13. Chris Sanders

Mines 12000 - 15000, I am really regretting not working before now!!
  14. six pints

six pints Active Member

i once three nights without sleeping, it was seriously like being drunk. i went through a phase of just not sleeping last year, just wanted to challange myself, and see how long it was before i collapsed (not very sensible).

I have a new philosophy with work now. i always want ed to do a PhD and be clever, and have an ace job and be really rich, but i really dont want to anymore. i just want to get an alright degree, do me pgce and become a teacher, get married, have a white picket fence and 2.4 children. so im doing enough work to pass, and not really a lot more. i know im clever enough to do really well if i want to, but whats the point? not a lot of jobs for a fully pledged rocket scientist in ashington, and im too much of a homebird to move away!

remember kids, do enough to pass, then actually ENJOY yourself. theres more to life then a string of a's or firsts or whatever.
  15. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah kinda the same with me Chezza, Im just looking to get a decent degree and then either teach or join up...and your right there aint too many jobs for rocket scientists in ashington, dole office worker thats where the work is ;)

Back on the thread: I managed to finish my composition and band arrangement for yesterday but i've still got my band history (half done) and PA (also half done) to finish today
  16. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Can I just say ||I have been watching this thread with vast amusement. I hope all you barstewards who thought your teachers were just making noises for the hell of it are beginning to realise that we were actually telling you how it is? I've got my degree so I can sit back and laugh now. Vindictive? Moi?:clap: ;) ;) ;) :clap:
  17. six pints

six pints Active Member

i realised that a long time ago when i started teaching swimming and lifesaving. you want to try running an hours session of wet incidents for evil little children, which involves putting them in teams ("i dont like him/her, i wanna be with them"), trying to spontaneously think of viable incidents that they can do, give them decent feedback, keep an eye on the people in isolation (which is nigh on impossible when theres only one of you) and everytime u speak u have to virtually shout because of the noise on poolsides, which is great fun when u cant breathe cos uv pulled a muscle in your chest.... i only went to the pool to pick up a receipt! and i dont even get payed! and i was a little geek at school and at swimming, i never used to back chat or anything! and yet i still want to be a teacher.... but why???

andy dear, im sure u will be fine getting your work done (altho twould be easier if u spent less time on tinternet). and maybe one day we can teach together!!
  18. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Weyhey I'm well happy, I've finished my brass band history assignment, just got my PA to finish (just the write up) and i'm home and dry!

Pete Meechan if your reading this....what is your bribery fee? :tup
  19. Chris Sanders

Just got my dissertation to do... Due in tomorrow... Doh!!
  20. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

OK :)