Misplaced "joke"...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Andy_Euph, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Do you know what, I really hope that someone will make you put your money where your mouth is, you have made one accusation after another on this forum about many individuals, now a complete band is on your list !! (allthough Im sure you will come back with "its only what I heard", No its what you have more than likely made up) someone shut this politocally correct trouble maker that seems to hear nothing but his own voice up once and for all !

You sir are a complete and utter coward and dangerous taboot !

2. Mello

Mello Active Member

For Goodness Sake....put it to bed now. !

The whole debate is simply going round in circles.....and circles.....and circles.....and circles......yaaaawn !.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

There's nothing more dangerous than a taboot - especially a politocally correct one!
    My lovely wife is now going to put me to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. Posh

Posh Member

I've followed this thread from the very beginning, and have already posted several days ago as to why a lot of people aren't posting on here. I think the main reason is that, rather than a debate or discussion, it seems to have turned into a slanging match between some as to who can have the biggest dig or the final word. I know some members have asked for the thread to be stopped, but personally I've found this probably the most interesting topic since I've been on here. I was actually hoping that by now it would've moved away from the 'Bolsover incident' to the wider picture, as I feel this is an issue that really needs addressing in the modern brass band era. I don't hide behind a pseudonym (it's a nickname, and until recently anyone could hover over my profile) and I've always been quite open about who I play for. However I can understand why the more controversial posts come from anonymous posters. So is there any chance we can stop the bickering and talk about things rationally?

My first point being, to those who agree we need to encourage more ethnic minorities to join brass bands, have any of you tried? If you've been successful, I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know how you managed it, and how the rest of us go about it.

5. vulcan

vulcan New Member

I have been in banding all my life and have never experienced anything like this before.It is sad that racism has now crept into the banding world.In the street,on the football field,motor racing and now banding.Where next I ask myself.

6. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

Now this point I think is very complicated!! I definitely don't think it's just down to any perceived old school view on race (Although I'm sure this can't help). This is really a gress roots thing, something that schools probably have a bigger role in than anyone else. There are of course also cultural differences in preferred pastimes which potentially will only change over long periods of time ( - this is where the old school attitude may cause a barrier long term, they'll only change if we really embrace cultural differences with open arms and an ampathetic eye).

I'll shut up blathering now and sum up by saying.. I don't know! :)

7. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

ampathetic?!! I did mean empathetic of course!

8. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

I'm not in the habit of quoting my own posts normally... :)

But, come on band in question - don't any of you have a comment? Or is Stan going to take all the flak alone?

9. Mello

Mello Active Member

33 pages.........yep 33 pages and more to come no doubt................yawn............................................
    .......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................................................................................

more air space than the Jimmy Saville stories...........................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10. boourns

boourns Member

I find it interesting that you post nothing for seven months, and choose to break your silence in order to tell others to stop posting. :-?

11. TUBAWAY ARMY

TUBAWAY ARMY Member

Well said Ian !

12. TUBAWAY ARMY

TUBAWAY ARMY Member

There is no racism in bands, only in the eyes of the PC brigade on here !

13. TUBAWAY ARMY

TUBAWAY ARMY Member

This post just proves what a witch hunt this thread is. Judging from the bands you have played for you should have more sense !

14. simonium

simonium Member

Reading this thread, I have come to the inevitable conclusion that there are plenty of people on here who should be denied access to the internet.

15. Mello

Mello Active Member

Hi Bourns,

At least you have found something else interesting, even if it is only having a go at me..

I am NOT telling anyone to stop posting.....I enjoy reading ALL posts ,on all subjects, because it helps keep me informed, and long may it continue. I am simply fed up with the same things being said over and over again on this particular post -which is now 33 pages long.

You remark about me breaking my silence. I am normally silent because I don't think I have anything worthwhile to say these days, So I enjoy other people keeping me informed of current banding affairs.

I wouldn't have thought that would upset anyone, but with your reaction I guess I am even more out of it than I thought.

Sorry, perhaps I should withdraw from the scene completely, I promise I will think seriously about that.

16. Mello

Mello Active Member

Sorry Boourns, I omitted an O from your name. Unintentional .

However, I assure you I am certainly thinking seriously about withdrawing from the scene, perhaps it is time after all.

17. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Wow!
    Talk about a sweeping statement. Either you're doing too much of this :guiness or :pig other substances are involved :dunno

18. I agree with Mello. This thread is now very tedious.

19. iancwilx

iancwilx Well-Known Member

Done to death ~ Nowt new apart from egotists vying for the last word ~ Night Night ~ God ( Who ever you worship) Bless !

Mr Wilx

20. iancwilx

iancwilx Well-Known Member

That's clever stuff Old Mate ~ Impressed ~ You're not on that Bombardier lotion again are you ?

~ Mr Wilx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.