minimum details?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by madandcrazytromboneguy, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this has just occured to me after reading a few of these posts.

certain ads dont seem to have all that much info on them, and therefore it can be difficult to decide on whether you would take an interest in that particular ad if you dont know enough about it.

a suggestion i would make and this is kinda directed at the big guys on here, mods or whatever your known as, perhaps there should be a minimum requirement for putting an ad up in the recruitment section.

for example:

name of band, position required, person to contact.

i think ive seen that your not allowed to leave personal details in the actual posts anymore but i still feel the above info would make the ads a little more effective and helpful to the people reading them.

im sure that the mods will read this and see that im not telling them how to do their job, it is just a mere suggestion, nothing more.

i hope this is how you will see this and that you may consider adding it to the tmp rules in the future.

happy recruiting

2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions Clive - much appreciated.

tMP are always looking to improve their services and the issues you mentioned above have been discussed at great length for some time. We talked about this issue again at our recent moderators meeting last month and decided on some major improvements. At present we are finalising the details and will be announcing our intentions in the very near future.

3. Di

Di Active Member

In the meantime of course, bands could just check with the current Recruitment Corner Guidelines, stickied at the top of the forum which give the suggested posting format. ;)

Another thing which would make it easier to follow the category, is if all threads were to keep to the same format of the subject. So can we please use the following format:

Name of band, Region, Section, vacancy/vacancies - of course if updates are posted within the thread you will have to update the thread title as well.
  4. NeilW

NeilW Member

A good indication of WHERE the band is would be nice too - particularly if they are fortunate enough to be sponsored so that your name isn't even geographic.

Mind you, just a village name isn't much help to a non-local! I certainly (as a "southerner"!) don't know the villages in Yorks/Lancs/Ches/Derbys/Notts/etc and need more clues.

As an example, how many people know where Stonesfield is? Could be anywhere... However, if I described it is Stonesfield, Oxfordshire (or Stonesfield, near Oxford) you'd have a better picture (even if you're a "notherner" :) )...

5. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

on the other hand, just saying "northwest" isn't much help either... we're not that small a place!
  6. i understand that for safety reasons, limited info should be put on but i also feel the ads should be as fully detailed as possible, not just for vacancies but for people ad'ing themselves aswell, take a look at my ad i left for myself on becoming a new MD, thats what people shopuld be aiming for, and then if theres owt else ppl wanna know then can just ask ya insted of havin to ask all the questions that really should have to be asked if the relevant info was put on, btw my ad is on page 4 now in the recruiment section i think ;)
  7. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

this is just making it all hard work

I think the mods do a good job, even though there always telling me off for over advertising. Anyway If there is something you don’t know from the add just IM the person who put the add on TMP, then you can find everything you wanna know.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2005
  8. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Note: Could we please keep 'advertisements' in the correct category please. This thread is for discussing possible improvements to our current system.

9. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

come on roger that was all part of the bit about what should be put in adds. lighten up.
  10. dyl

dyl Active Member

Sorry - but I disagree. 'What should be in ads' has already been pointed out above, by Dinie.

This category has it's own guidelines, and if people read them thoroughly before posting, then this whole thread may not be needed.

Come on folks, you ask us to lighten up, but we also ask that you follow these guidelines - it's just as bad having numerous threads for one band as it having a post with minimal information.

Work with us here - we are trying our best to provide yo uwith a vehicle to promote your bands and vacancies - for free remember - but we must have some guidelines so that the system is fair to everyone.
  11. after all our rollockings it dunt surprize me that my last msg got deleted completely and most of MM's 2, o well :(
  12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Most of your "rollockings" were for excessive use of text-speak in your posts. Nothing to do with this thread.

If you'd like to make some constructive suggestions which will make it easier to for users to decide whether an advert interests them or not then please do so. But please bear in mind that this catagory has a set of guidelines which we ask posters to adhere to (as stated previously by Dinie) and we are offering this service completely free of charge.

It's hardly the moderators' fault if posters choose not to stick to the guidelines laid out to assist everyone here. Perhaps a simple "could I have some more information, please?" type request in threads you feel are lacking in information is all that is needed. As Roger stated in post #2 we are looking into the possiblity of improving this section but it is a free resource and our time is very limited so we have to rely on the original posters using a degree of common sense when writing their adverts.
  13. i said OUR, not MY, makes a big difference gramatically, and i'd appreciate it if you guys would drop the whole thing about the ABBREVIATED WORDS that i use, im tryin my best 2 cut most of it out but it seems you guys are just never satisfied, i dont come on this site to get verbally bullied ok, i come on to attempt to enjoy the site, just like every1else, but im findin it very hard to enjoy it when all you guys say to me is STOP THIS, STOP THAT, well why dont you guys go and bully some1else insted of me, please, thankyou.!
  14. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Guys, we'll do our best to keep this on topic here I think.

Feel free to contact us offline on any points you may have, but for now...

Return to topic please.
  15. perhaps the topic shoud be deleted completely coz the question has been answered just about now i'd say
  16. dyl

dyl Active Member

That's not a bad suggestion actually.

Topic locked!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.