Mind reading experiment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by rutty, Dec 9, 2004.

What breed of dog am I thinking of?

1. Alsation

5 vote(s)
  2. Labrador

7 vote(s)
  3. Golden Retriever

5 vote(s)
  4. Old English Sheepdog

10 vote(s)
  5. Greyhound

4 vote(s)
  1. rutty

rutty Active Member

Over the next hour or so I'm going to be thinking about a particular breed of dog. I'd like to see who can pick up my mental transmissions and correctly guess, er, determine the type of dog that it is. Get voting...
  2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Bearded collie
    sorry, didn't see the poll....
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

lol :D

Now I have an image of a bearded collie in my head - get out! Must think of....
  4. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I have a bearded collie and I'm in the same band as Rutty. :shock:
  5. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I have a bearded collie too(although she's very very old) but that's where my inspiration came from. No telepathic vibes at all!
  6. six pints

six pints Active Member

ive got a border collie called glen. i voted for sheepdog i think im telepathic.
  7. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I've got a Chi-Tzu who is telepathic!!!
    Well actually she is really stupid! Cant tell her ass from her elbow... not that Dogs have elbows... Think i'll just shut up now!:-?
  8. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

"Labrador" was my first thought, and I'm sticking to it ! :D
  9. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Is rutty still thinking of this, 7 hours later, or has he completely forgotten what he was trying to do?

I vote for bearded collie too. If he's been reading the thread he must have been thinking of one for at least part of the hour.

p.s. Dogs DO have elbows - you can even have a test done to find out what your dog's 'Elbow Score' is (sounds like one of those carppy internet multi-choice quizzes.......... When your dog shakes a paw does he do it with a) left leg, b) right leg, c) he doesn't do it or d) both legs at once.........
  10. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I put alsation... even though my first thought was sheepdog....... :-?

Am I right???
  11. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I really thought it was going to be a Doberman (until I saw the choices)
  12. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Old English Sheepdog, deffo. Can't think of bearded collies as no idea what they look like...
    Bet you can't not think about pink tigers...
  13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I put Golden Retriever... no reason why... it was in the middle sticking out at me so I clicked on it......

Interesting experiment.... hardly mindreading though.... more of a guessing game..... totally random..... I like it :p :) ;) :lol:
  14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've went for the sheepdog, because I've got a soft spot for these daftdugs.
  15. Di

Di Active Member

My first thought, before seeing the poll was Yorkshire terrier, but since there's nothing little and snappy like that I had to go for the big and snappy alsation. Can't imagine any of the others being snappy.
  16. HBB

HBB Active Member

eenie, meanie, miney, moe....
  17. rutty

rutty Active Member

OK, I'm going to make a mega effort to transmit the image of this dog over this morning, then I shall reveal all this lunchtime! Which dog it is I mean, not anything else.

All this bearded collie business is confusing the issue - everyone stop thinking about them right now :)
  18. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Bearded Collies look a bit like Old English Sheep Dogs. :shock:

Heres a picture of mine dressed in a magicians cloak. Look into my eyes - not around the eyes - into my eyes. Think Bearded Collie

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

my english sheepdug's growing a beard now ... waiting! ;)
  20. rutty

rutty Active Member

Bah, the Unix security test plan and report that I'm writing is getting delayed due to my doggy diligence. In order to finish it I'm going to have to stop the telepathy - my male brain cannot multitask Word and extra-sensory shenanigans efficiently.

It does look like there were 8 people that were correctly tuned into my thoughts. I was indeed thinking about an Old English Sheepdog. I've seen too many Dulux adverts. The bearded collie receivers were obviously suffering from poor reception and had scale distortions making my Old English Sheepdog appear smaller.

Thanks to all that took part. Now, if a mod could turn off the poll I'd be very greatful - I should have set it to last 1 day, and I can't seem to modify it now :)