Milton Keynes - Milton Keynes Brass Band Enertainments

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Craig_Baritone, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Hi all,

Which bands are entering the Milton Keynes - Milton Keynes Brass Band Festival Entertainments Contest in Febuary ???? I want to know who are entering ???

2nd Baritone
    Kirkby Band
    Butlins Mineworkers 4th Section Champions 2003
  2. davidsait

davidsait Member

I take it that this is the contest that was new last year.

I didn't know it was going ahead again in 2004. Do you know the date?
  3. It is on the 8th Febuary 2004 !!!!!!
  4. davidsait

davidsait Member

Great! Any idea where there are more details? Is it too late to enter?

What format does it take? Is it a basic entertainment contest - 15 min set on stage or something?
  5. davidsait

davidsait Member

Sorry, got my Milton Keynes contests mixed up. Just checked the details on IBEW and saw that you're talking about the 29th Contest, not the one that was started last year!

BRIAN KEECH Member

Milton Keynes Contest

The format for this contest is a 20 minute programme(timings to include applause and music change). The contest is split in 2 sections 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th. I think the closing date has all ready gone. Still a good day out at Stantonbury Leisure Centre plenty of bands to listen to.

Brian Keech

PS. Bradwell Silver Band has entered.
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hmm, we're playing at preston that day... but if anyone wants a particularly good trombonist (or maybe just a trombonist) you could send a private jet...
  8. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

GO BRADWELL!!!!!
  9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

The Pride of Norfolk (no maestro I dont mean Darren Huckerby) The Cawston Band are primed and ready to consume vast amounts of alcohol and if really forced will appear on stage for 20 minutes at Milton Keynes!
  10. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

Yep, Watford Band will be there representing, er, Watford in section B.

Cheers, Greg.