Milestones at Kippax

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by andyfake, Mar 22, 2007.

1. andyfake

andyfake Member

Celebrations in the Band Club tonight as our 2nd cornet player Thelma Wardle turns 75. Thelma has been playing for well over 60 of those years and shows no sign of letting up yet.
    Sharing her birthday is solo horn player Anita Morrison, who claims to be a fair bit younger!
    Many Happy Returns to them both!
  2. MrsBucket

MrsBucket Member

Thanks Andy you are kind !

Just keep treating me the same as always and I will keep going... Really enjoying banding with Kippax and Oddbod and Teflon.

Best wishes to Anita and hope she carries on as long as I have.
  3. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

:clap: Well done Mrs Bucket!! You desrerve a medal as big as a dustbin lid for all the devoted years you have given to the movement, though I would say that, wouldn't I?.....(Mum!):clap:

Congrats on your Birthday.:D

Also, congrats to Anita, an absolute inspiration to horn sections worldwide (well, I would say that as I'm in striking distance twice a week... well, maybe once..:redface: )

4. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Sorry, which one did you say was 75?
  5. MrsBucket

MrsBucket Member

sorry too Steve, birthay cards say 57!(on a good day )
  6. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

They are all good days when I'm with you Them. Lets have a good day on Sunday with that old bird Anita, don't you think she looks well for her age?
  7. MrsBucket

MrsBucket Member

yes, plays well too.

( you make me laugh)
  8. oddbod

oddbod Member

Very good of all you old experienced folk to accept such a tender, young, conductor.
  9. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Maturity suits you well, along with your mellowed psychological approach, plus a willingness to subjugate your own musical inclinations to achieve success.
    The results speak for themselves.
    - Wilkie
  10. MrsBucket

MrsBucket Member

Well said Ian,,,, well mostly '
  11. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I must admit I wasn't too sure about the "Mellowed" bit !!!
    Probably because when I wrote it I was a bit "Mellow" myself - Ha ! Ha !
    - Wilkie
  12. MrsBucket

MrsBucket Member

yeay!, If he has had his sandwich on the A1 on his way to band and I succeed at figure 12, we will be o'k,,,,, see you soon