Migrating the forum software to Xenforo

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff W, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Leveridge96

Leveridge96 Member

Like the new look to the site :)

Jeff W likes this.
  2. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I have no idea why he would need to watch out for hairy men and lustful older women in the mountains! ;-)

Seriously, though, It would be nice if we could have a 'to top' button since I'm getting cramps in my scrolling finger!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  3. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

Can't you just hit the "home" button on your computer?

4. Is there any way to view 40 posts per page or similar ?

5. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Also the up/down keys scroll for you.

6. mikelyons

That would require taking my adoring gaze from the screen and remembering a) that there IS a home button and b) where it is on my keyboard! :)

Jeff W and DS2014 like this.
  7. mikelyons

I just found out that I can still edit my posts a day after I wrote them (poor spelling). Is this a change in policy? I think the 5 minute time limit was placed to stop the naughty boys in the group from making naughty changes. I'm not asking for it back, but I just wondered...

8. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

It's right next to the "Press Any Key" button ;)

mikelyons likes this.
  9. mikelyons

Another oddity! Just noticed today that "New Posts" says 29, but when I click on it the list says Showing 1 to 13 of 13!

10. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

Yeah, I noticed that too mike. I think the 1-13 is the number of threads in which there are new postings, and the 29 refers to the actual number of new postings (i.e. multiple new postings within some threads)

Jeff W likes this.
  11. Jeff W

Jeff W Administrator Staff Member

The default Xenforo theme doesn't have this, but a couple of the custom ones I've considered installing here do have a floating top/bottom button. There's a number of leftover issues from the VB-->XF migration that I need to deal with before I spend any time customizing the theme. I agree with you it'd be nice to have, although I don't see it as essential since the keyboard home button does the same thing.

Afraid not.

This is one of the settings I didn't get a chance to review before I headed into the mountains. It's currently set at the Xenforo default of two days, but let me discuss with the mods.

Regardless, all post edits after the first five minute grace period are logged, so any staff member can see what the post used to say. If someone is editing the meaning of their post just to mess with people, they'll be warned and then repeat infractions will get them banned. So personally I'm inclined to set it at 24 or 48 hours so people can fix their typos/spelling. But as I said, let me discuss with the mods, as they understand this community better than I do.

PeterBale likes this.
  12. mikelyons

Thanks Jeff.

13. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Can someone tell me where the Any key is?

14. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Right next to the Yale or Chub key, hanging on its hook. :D

15. mikelyons

I think someone's been sniffing the water key! :p