Midsummer Night's Dream Dectet Gig - Urgent!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Martyn Ford, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Martyn Ford

Martyn Ford New Member

I am MD for a professional production of A Midsummer Night's Dream at Broughton Hall, nr. Skipton on August 9-12 (Dress Rehearsal Aug 8th, band call to be decided). We are playing Roger Harvey's arrangement for dectet of the MSND incidental music.
    I need 2 cornets or a flugal and a sop who are happy to double on Bb cornet, a Bass Trombone and an Eb Bass. Please look at festival details for more info on http://www.broughtonfestival.co.uk/. I can offer very generous expenses and you will be extremely well fed and watered. (The actors are doing it for nothing!).
    Please contact me asap on 0116 267 7519. Cheers, Martyn Ford www.martynford.co.uk.
  2. Martyn Ford

Martyn Ford New Member

Broughton Hall, Skipton gig, 2 Cornets urgently needed!

8 down and two to go! I still need two excellent cornet players, ( preferably one doubling on soprano) to play in 5 professional cast performances, with high production values, of A Midsummer Night's Dream at Broughton Hall, near Skipton in the Broughton Open Air Festival (http://www.broughtonfestival.co.uk/) on 9th-12th August, with band calls on 6th/7th & 8th August. We are playing brass dectet arrangements of Mendelssohn's Incidental Music to MSND written by Roger Harvey and myself. We can pay generous expenses and you will get well fed and watered. Please contact me by e-mail at martyn@martynford.co.uk or phone 0116 267 7519/07719 490092 or through The Mouthpiece.
    Thank you
    Martyn Ford
  3. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

And a great week it was as well.

Good company, good music and damn good fun.

Thanks for having us!
  4. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

here here..... excellent cast, crew, banders.... was great fun... especially the "in my pants" game lmao!!
  5. Bones

Bones Member

In my pants will be revisited in the random section.
  6. rutribal

rutribal Member

Not to mention the insatiable appetite of Quiche Boy! And the satanic fairies!

A great week with some great folk.
  7. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Mild green fairy..... ;)
    and of course the rather fine performance of Puck !!
  8. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

It wasn't her performance I was watching...!