Midlands Second Section Results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Di

Di Active Member

1st - 189 points Hathern Band :D :D :D :D :D
    2nd - 188 points Raunds Temperance
    3rd - 187 points Stourport on Severn
    4th - 186 points Snibston Desford.

2. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

4 Bars Rest shows Shirland as coming 4th - which is correct?

3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I think that tMP is correct. We've had 3 people confirm this result.

:wink:

4. Di

Di Active Member

Definately announced as "Snibby/Desford".

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Good for them. They beat us at Leicester and sounded good. Shame they were just outside the qualification zone!

6. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Many congratulations to all 4 who were announced from the stage! We travelled over from Norwich and managed to hear all 4 of you and your placings were well deserved.

Although I have 'to declare an interest' is so much as we were there for Snibby as they are conducted by my brother in law. Butt well done to all

7. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

yes we heard 3 out of the placed top 4 and they were very good, many congrats to all :wink:

8. Steve

Steve Active Member

Order Of Play 10 - Result 4th
    Order Of Play 11 - Result 2nd
    Order Of Play 12 - Result 1st
    Order Of Play 13 - Result 5th

Obviously the best time to be in the hall!!!!!

9. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

A few of us listening on Saturday were quite shocked that Foresters Brass 2000 didn't win, as we listened to bands 9-14 and as you mentioned all the top-placed bands were in that part of the draw and a few of us thought foresters performance was much better. When the results were announced and they hadn't come 1st we thought maybe Roy of the Rovers placed them 5th as he didnt like the style but he put them 12th!!!

Sorry, rant over. Why is it there are always freak scores compared to general audience opinion. (introduce Ask the Audience at Regionals next year I reckon...) :p

10. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Yes I agree. Foresters Brass played very well and deserved a far better place.
    Most people in the audience thought Carlton Brass and Shirland (13th / 15th) should also have been in the frame. Gawd knows what Mr Roe was looking for. The first 4 were very good but the places after that seems to have been a bit of a lottery.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Midlands Second Section Results
    :D :D
    Raunds Temperance
  12. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Perhaps he didn't like bands whose names contain the word brass - only Shirland didn't in the bottom half!

On a vaguely related note, did anyone in the audience hear me splat my sforzando E flat near the end of Variation 4?! (band 9) It was nasty!