Midlands Euph/Bari Available

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Di B, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Di B

Di B Member

Due to work commitments I have had to resign as solo euph from Matlock band as I can no longer meet the bands commitment requirements.

I live in Derby, can travel and am happy playing solo euph in 3/4th section, or euph/ bari row in other sections. Have played both euph and bari at championship section level, but that was a few years ago now!

I am offering to respond to any band who requires temporary assistance. I am happy to help bands on concerts or contests or even sitting in on rehearsals if needed (so a bit more than just a dep).

If asked to do a contest I will of course give as much commitment as I can to rehearsals, but realistically, I usually travel with work mid week and this takes priority. I would also require the loan of an instrument.

If this may be of interest to you now, or in the future, please keep a note of my number - 07734 529730.
    For me, it would be an advantage if I kept my lip in and I'm aware a number of bands require extra bodies to contest at times so I think it works all round.

Diane Bonser

PS. Mods - put it here as it isn't a true dep post. If you want to move it though - feel free!
  2. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Hi Diane

We are currently looking for a second euph player at the moment

We only rehearse once a week (Monday) and are in the process of preparing for Wychavon contest and 2nd Section Areas (Midlands) 2007 If you are interested PM me and I will give you more details

We also pay travelling for rehearsals and gigs
  3. Steve Gittins

Steve Gittins New Member

Hi there Diane i am the new Musical Director of kirkby Colliery and I am aware that you are an excellent player and I need a first baritone for a contest at Wychavon on the 17th September. I am trying to build an excellent band capable of succeeding in the third section and would be very happy if you could assist with this. I am an ex player with both Black Dyke and Fodens bands and would love to have you come along to a rehearsal at Kirkby. If you are interested please PM me and i would love to talk to you.

many thanks
  4. Di B

Di B Member

Hi there,

Thanks for the offer, but doing a 160 mile round trip on a day when I don't have to travel for work is not on the cards even with expenses I'm afraid.

If you need help at concerts however, please let me know.

Just to clarify to all - I am currently registered with Matlock and I can't see this changing in the near future just in case they need an extra body/someone to look after the bar.
    Also I cannot give the commitment required to permanantly sign for any band at the moment.