Midlands 4th section RESULTS

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by satchmo shaz, Mar 14, 2004.

1. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

enderby youth

I think tideswell were 10th but not sure, creswell were 13th and Rolls Royce 16th
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

i know that wellington telford were 9th
  3. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Kirkby 8th
    Horcastle 13th
    Creswell 14th
    Ireland 15th

Well done to all there today, I was in the audience all day being hungover from yesterday's 2nd section contest!
  4. youngman

youngman Member

Harrogate here we come !! What a weekend :D
  5. We came 8th plyed very well people in the crowd said !!!
    Bit disgusted by giving out the most best behaved band award as the band who won this award was told to be quiet 2 times by a commitee member because of playing their intruments while there were signs:
  6. Baldbeaver

Baldbeaver New Member

Playing in warm up room ????????? a contradiction in terms i think.
    Kirkby were good today but so was the overall standard. No suprises in the prizes but was impressed with the overall quality of the section. Listen to ALL the bands before making judgements on "who was robbed" etc
    I would like to thank all the bands and the organisers of the contest for what has been a great event. 8)
  7. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Not the Warm Up room, the room where you wait beforehand, which is just the other side of the wall from the adjudicator.

Delighted by our 6th place! :D

Well done to Cresswell and Ireland for creditable re-entries into area competition. Was good to see so many kids in a lot of the bands.
  8. Steve

Steve Active Member

Well done Rushden, looks like it has been a good year for Norhtamptonshire. You, Travelsphere, Towcester, Stamford and us all going to the nationals (I think). Are Towcester through having come 3rd?
  9. Tara

Tara New Member

Midlands 4th section

Can anyone please tell me who came 5th? What about Roy Roe and his massive slagging match!!!!! 4th section is not championship....HELLO!!! Deffinatley believe that a youth section should be brought back then the youth bands would perhaps have a better and fairer chance.. especielly since some of the bands have the average age of their players at 15!!!! Wow!!!!! And wouldnt be playing against more mature and experienced bands
  10. Well done all at Dronfield! :D :D

and congrats to Ireland and Cresswell - cracking start! :D
  11. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Re: Midlands 4th section

I believe Ilkeston were 5th. Thought it was very tight between Dronfield and them for 5th, but looks like they just shaded it.
  12. youngman

youngman Member

Anybody got the full results yet ? Does anyone care about "us minions" :?:
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

14. Di B

Di B Member

Can I ask everyone type quietly this morning please??!! I still have a hangover from Sunday! :lol:

Delighted with our placing, particularly as we had a 'bit' of a problem the morning of the contest (people who know, know.... but I'm not saying on here). It was a great result.

Hope to do the Notts/Derby areas proud at the finals.... congrats to all other bands who entered, especially to the under 16's and to those who qualified.

Hope I sober up soon...... :wink: