midlands 4th section results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by super_sop, Mar 9, 2003.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hi all just got back from listening to the 4th section these are the results i have:
    4th Rushden Windmill 178 points
    3rd Bakewell Silver 179 points
    2nd Long Eaton Silver 180 points
    1st Phoenix west mid brass 182 points

thanx to everyone who took part i had a really good day listening to all of you play.

Super_sop

2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

hello just back! I heard that dronfield were 7th and matlock 12th and rolls royce 13th, not sure if it right or not so forgive me if I'm wrong

3. super_sop

the only other one i know off was Wellington comming last, they made a really bad mistake at the start of the 3rd movement but apart from that it was a good performance. i had them a lot higher up than last, and i got 3 out of the first 4 spot on!!

4. satchmo shaz

good for you!! mr adjudicator!

5. super_sop

thought you lot were exellent

6. satchmo shaz

thanks mate! lots of hard work paid off!

7. super_sop

yes well done. looking forward to dundee?

8. satchmo shaz

now the hard work fundraising really starts!!

9. super_sop

how much do you recon you need? :?

10. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Well done Shaz see you in Dundee :lol:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bakewell Silver
    Rushden Windmill 178
    Phoenix
    Long Eaton Silver 180

imthemaddude Active Member

hey well done to pheonix west midlands, i used to play for the band they sort of merged with and played for them once, before they used to compete. Good look in Dundee - who knows my band might be joining you. :) well done to Long Eaton too :) the hard work paid off. :)

13. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Kirby came 5th.

Well done Shaz....another good result. I didn't hear you infact I only heard 3 bands! It was a long day I was up at 6 *cries*. I did manage to hear Phoenix and I thought they were pretty good but the others I heard were quite dire :shock: 7th for us was a fair result and i agreed with the comments. There was lots of good playing but also too many stupid mistakes!!!! May Long Eaton go on to represent the Midlands in fine style in Dundee! P.S If you need any help on Cornet then give me a ring (as long as I haven't got another concert on that date :D )

14. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Congratulations to Sharon and Long Eaton Band on your fantastic area result. - Well Done

:wink:

15. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Midlands 4th section

Well done to all at the Mouthpiece you got the results published before BBW and 4barsrest :p I get the feeling that the Midlands 4th section was treated VERY badly by these two so called professional websites. Long live the Mouthpiece :D

Now lets hit the Area committies by publishing the Tables :twisted:

www.carltonbrass.org.uk

16. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Re: Midlands 4th section

I have received several updated tables from all over the UK and I am in the process of making them consistent in format etc.. watch this space, they'll be here soon... :D

17. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I can confirm that Dronfield were 7th. A fair result in my view. It may seem harsh, but i felt that certain players in certain seats sort of well, err, bottled it. But as they say its a team game, and the whole blame doesnt lie with them.

I had a good day and as Ray our conductor said, "the stake is in the ground", the mark has been set, the only way now is forward.

I personally thought i played ok and actually really enjoyed performing. which i haven't done at an area for a while now.

Well Done to all participating bands, especially Phoenix, Long Eaton and Bakewell.

Can we please have a bar at Burton? please please please??

18. Brian

Brian Member

Midland Area 4th Section

Hey Sharon, Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll Done...xxx Brian

19. Brian

Brian Member

Midland Area 4th Section results

Hey Geordiecolin WHY do you need a bar ?

20. satchmo shaz

A rough guess.. about 3 grand!

21. satchmo shaz

Re: Midland Area 4th Section

thanks brian!............. coming to dundee with us??, a bit cold for you perhaps!! 8)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bakewell Silver
    Rushden Windmill 178
    Phoenix
    Long Eaton Silver 180