Midlands 2nd Section

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by stewie76, Mar 12, 2004.

1. stewie76

stewie76 Member

Can I start this subject by wishing ALL the bands competing in this section this weekend good luck on behalf of the Snibston & Desford Colliery Band.
    I think it's going to be a very tight contest.....and we have had the kiss of death from 4bars rest!!!
  2. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Good luck to all Bands on Saturday, it looks like being a great day of contesting.
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

yup, good luck to all... i wont be there, but I'm sure I'll find out the result from someone at raunds, who have been blessed with lucky vomit and so are bound to win... :?
  4. Bones

Bones Member

Best of luck Sid, Jane and I will be there to cheer on a few bands. Hope it goes well on the day.
  5. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

If I remember rightly, you also got the 4BR kiss of death before Butlins... :wink:

But seriously, good luck to everyone competing (although obviously slightly more to us :wink: :wink: :wink: ), am looking forward to a good contest - my first area in the Second Section!
  6. eric

eric Member

What a day i have had ! The standard has been incredible. The winning band were out of this world. The second section has provided me with an excellent days entertainment. Thank you to all the bands who took part. FANTASTIC !! :!:
  7. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

results 2nd section
    darley dale
  8. Baldbeaver

Baldbeaver New Member

It has been noticed that the prize winners were absent from the NABBC workshops. HMMMMM ! Over to you Bald Eagle............. Your apology is accepted.
  9. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

wooooooooooooo hoooooooooo!!!!! :bounce :bounce :guiness
    My voice has gone! hehe! well done to all the bands competing, it was a really good contest! :D
  10. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Congratulations to the winners and runners up - well done all.

A big thank you to Sharon for posting the full results.

11. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Was it snibston or shirland in 4th place...4barsrest reckon Shirland, Shaz reckons snibston.

Congratulations to Hathern
  12. Roger Thorne

Dinie has posted the results too and got Snibston in 4th position. We'll leave it at that until we get further confirmation.

13. eric

eric Member

Shirland were 15th. I thought they were better than that . Looks like Raunds and Bilton are promoted. Could be Arrow, Moulton and Shirebrook at the other end.
  14. Roger Thorne

15. blue_smarties

blue_smarties Member

G'wan Vicki!!!
    I'm sure! :)
  16. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I have to agree. I thought 8 or 9 places better than that.
    But they were not they only ones who had surprisingly harsh judgements.

The top 4 did play well though and thoroughly deserved their places.
    Good luck to the top three in the finals. Go and do it for the Midlands.
  17. Steve

Steve Active Member

C'MON the Raunds!!!! Excellent day and congratulations to Hathern, see you in Harrogate. If anyone else wants a trip to the Nationals then see the Players Required section :wink:
  18. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Well done to all the winners, now go and show them at the Nationals what the Midlands can do. We took a bit of a battering but we will be back!
  19. stewie76

stewie76 Member

I didn't get to hear you, so what went wrong, especially after you won at Derby?
  20. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Seems like Mr Roe did not like the way we played it, as they say "Thats Banding"