Midland 4th Section *News Blackout*

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Bbmad, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

2. LynneW

LynneW Member

I thought it was me being stupid.

3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

4. Pav

Pav Member

5. MoominDave

That's last year's, alas...

6. Pav

Pav Member

Panic resumes. :)

7. MoominDave

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

8. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

No its not, something very odd though. Maybe they have all gone to play golf ? Those that attended will understand that comment

9. MoominDave

Ian! Man on the spot... Any results? For example for Ifton?

10. Ianroberts

We got 2nd, and are happy with it, very odd result announcing though, we all had a golf lesson at one point

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Midland
    Section
    News Blackout
    rest of us
    hall
  12. MoominDave

Does that mean Fairfield Buxton won? As they seem to be going to the finals and Stourport seem to be 3rd.

13. Ianroberts

To be honest I forget the other prize winners ! I have drunk 2 pints of beer today so memory is not at its best

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  14. MoominDave

You're a cheap date!

15. Ianroberts

Ive been called worse

16. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

1st Fairfield
    2nd Ifton
    3rd Stourport
    4th Bestwood

17. MoominDave

Thanks, most helpful. Got half the field now.

18. jupiter

jupiter New Member

My understanding is:

Fairfield Buxton 1
    Ifton Colliery 2
    Stourport on Severn 3
    Bestwood ‘Black Diamonds’ 4
    Audley Brass 5
    Skegness 6
    Croft Silver 7
    Kirkby Colliery Welfare 8
    Pleasley Welfare Band 9
    Sherwood Forest Brass(Thoresby Colliery Yth) 10
    Corby Silver 11
    Cubbington Silver 12
    Black Country Brass 13
    Malvern Hills & District 14
    Whitwell Brass 15
    Ilkeston Brass 16
    Ratby Coop ‘Mid’ Band 17
    ColeshillTown 18
    WEM Jubilee 19
    Syston 20

19. MoominDave

Thank you, that agrees with elsewhere, got them all now.

20. Ianroberts

Im just curious about what everyone els thought about the adudicators speeches at the results ? And also anyone that thought stourport were hard done by ? Most people I spoke to gad them down as winners.

21. I wonder how many bands were criticised for "timps - too heavy"? I did hear one band saying they would have been better off not having a timp player, because they were criticised and yet other bands don't seem to be penalised if they didn't have a timp player. Seems a bit unfair that you can lose points for being a little heavy and yet not lose points for not having a part being played. :-? I think 4th section bands do well to get 3 percussionist and when you hear of bands considering leaving out a part to improve their chances - then something is surely wrong !!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Midland
    Section
    News Blackout
    rest of us
    hall