Microsoft- Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Seedhouse, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

For those of you who know what i'm talking about, this will make a whole lot more sense to you than those that don't (thus why it's in Random Chat ;) )

Being a bit of a games console boffin, i've pre-ordered my Xbox 360 a few weeks back (not as early as I'd have liked), but am now concerned, and a bit peeved, at Microsoft who haven't produced enough consoles to meet the European demand. Therefore it leaves us all pondering whether we're going to get one or not! Retailers are about as confused as the customers, and are asking people to cancel their preorders in the hope that they can cut down the orders to the number of consolses they are fearing they are going to get!!!
    Sounds exactly like Microsoft behaviour I hear you cry!
    As it is obviously going to be top of a lot of peoples Xmas lists, what on earth are they thinking!?!?!?

I was wondering whether there were any tMPers who were in the same situation as me- just
    felt like discussing it! :rolleyes: I don't mind waiting a little longer for mine, but it's not the same as getting it on launch day or near abouts! If it takes months, I will be one VERY unhappy customer!!!!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    customer
    Microsoft
    Xbox 360
    mine
    consolses
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Being a rather 'old' gamer (42) and currently owning an XBOX, what you describe here doesn't surprise me in the least. I can certainly understand those who wish to have the 'new machine on launch day', but given what you've described, it cements my desire to wait a while and hopefully the price will come down a bit. maybe not as much in percentage terms as the original XBOX, but it's bound to come down at some point.

Also, looking at the line up of games, they're going down the road of Sony and the PSP in largely releasing updates of previous titles. Having recently swapped some old games to pay for Tiger Woods 06 (yup, I get these updates as well, so that's why they keep releasing 'em, I guess!) I can't really imagine the 360 version being that much better. Certainly, with the type of games I play, I can't justify forking out £270 on a new machine when my sort of games would seem to be smoother, graphically better versions of what I've already got, but probably very similar in gameplay terms

Bring back the ZX Spectrum and Daley Thompson's Decathlon, I say! ;)

I'm aware that the XBOX 360 has a lot of extra 'side features' that the present machine doesn't have but there again we still don't have broadband on this part of Arran yet, so I've yet to experience XBOX live!

Bearing in mind that the original XBOX will probably come down in price (particularly 2nd hand) when the new machine arrives, it'd probably be more of a bargain to get one of those should my present machine pack up! Look at the original PS. £300 when first released, now £50 new.

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Hey Mr Seedhouse! The way this discussions going, perhaps you and I are the only ones on this forum even contemplating an XBOX 360. If that's the case, they may not be short of stock after all! :) :)

5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Had initially decided to wait for the PS3 but after seeing screenshots of Project Gotham Racing 3 I could be swayed. Like Dave I'll wait until after the initial rush.

6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol!!! I wish Dave, but i'm fearing that I won't be able to get one before Xmas, and am rather annoyed that I don't know when (if I don't get one near launch) I will get one!
    Microsoft are supposedly bumping up production, but I just hope its in time! I'll be gutted if I don't get one even in the weeks after the launch (launch on 2nd December).

If they told us how long we'd have to wait before they were able to meet the demand, I wouldn't be as annoyed. There seems to be so much mystery around this launch that it wouldn't suprise me that Microsoft were just pressing to get the consoles out before the PS3 launch, without thinking of the consequences!!! They haven't even released details of the launch line up so I don't even know the games i've ordered will be available on launch!!!

Knowing my luck, Play.com will send me the three games and extra wireless controller i've ordered, without the console and i'll have to sit around waiting for it not knowing when it'll arrive!!!