Michael Green - Bilton Silver (Rugby) Band

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by ScaryFlugel, Nov 4, 2007.

1. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

It is with much sadness that Bilton Silver (Rugby) Band announces the passing of long serving member and tenor horn player Michael Green. A stalwart of the band for some 52 years, many served as secretary, Michael was an active committee member until his death on 28th October 2007. Through good times and bad his humour and sense of perspective were always evident; a calming influence and a true gentleman, he will be sorely missed. Our thoughts go out to his family at this difficult time.
  2. David Mann

David Mann Member

A really nice guy who'll be sorely missed as you said.
  3. TubaTOG

TubaTOG New Member

Very sad to hear of the passing of Michael Green. A great bandsman and a true gentleman. When I played for the band as a teenager he always looked out for and encouraged the youngsters and for the many years that have passed since whenever I saw him at contests he always took the time to have a chat and share news.
  4. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

I was very shocked and saddened to receive this news. Mick was such a lovely person whose humour - as already mentioned by ScaryFlugel - shone through in every situation. Both Mick and Antony are largely responsible for so many of the happy memories I have from my time at Bilton. My thoughts are with Antony and the family, and also the members of the band at this difficult time.