*MICHAEL BUBLE* - Haven't Met You Yet

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Pennine Music Publishing, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Haven’t Met You Yet!
    Performed By Michael Bublé

This smash hit was the first single to be released by Canadian singer Michael Bublé. Released on his forth album “Crazy Love”, the singer co-wrote the song for his fiancé Luisana Lopilato. The song has had world-wide success, reaching No.1 in the Canadian charts and the U.S aswell as enjoying success here in the UK charts reaching No.5. The piece is a fantastic light-hearted swing number that both players & audiences will enjoy, with an optional feature in the middle that Soprano cornet players (or brave Solo cornet players!!!) will relish! A must for every bands library.

Full score & parts: £19.95
    Direct Link - http://www.penninemusic.com/show_score_details.php?id=127&tf=H10.rtf

For more details on these pieces and to see/hear these new releases as well as the rest of our catalogue, please visit our web-site at http://www.penninemusic.com where you can order online or e-mail to sales@penninemusic.com, or ring us on 0785 251 9763
  2. Scongie

Scongie Member

Out of all the tunes on Crazy Love I wouldn't have picked this one for a brass arrangement but at least it's not a cheesy pop song. Now Cry me a River would be very interesting if arranged for brass.....
  3. Of course, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and we respect that :) We do however check all arrangements before going ahead with them and this one works surprisingly well, enjoyable for the players & easily recognisable for the audience, hoping to show that brass bands can't only play hymns, marches & the floral dance ;-)
  4. wouldnt mind singing this with the band, would it work with vocals?
  5. Yes it would, as the arrangement is faithful to the original. You may wish to ask the instrumentalists playing the vocal line to either lower the volume or drop the part out all together.
  6. blue juice

blue juice Member

I heard Brighouse play Cry me a river as a trombone solo in february. Excellent piece and an excellent arrangement.
  7. We did hear that another publisher was releasing "Cry Me A River"...don't know which one though :-?
  8. tromwinst

tromwinst Member

Alan Morrison has arranged it, I think it will be with Kirklees Music shortly
  9. David Foster's arrangement of the work is stunning! Very "007" in sound.
  10. tromwinst

tromwinst Member

Is that Cry me a River? If so where can I get a copy of that? Cheers :)
  11. Sorry, David Foster is the arranger/orchestrater of the Michael Buble track, Alan Morrison I think has arranged the brass band version. Not an easy peace to play at all - Sure Brighouse didn't have a problem though ;-)
  12. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

Got this at band last night and had a play through it, its great fun to play and works really really well, tune flows through all the instrument groups easily, very swingy and guarenteed you will be whisteling it or humming it all the way home from rehersal, i know i still am...damn you and your catchy tunes michael bubbles!!