Message for 2nd man down

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Sorry I didn't get to have a longer chat with you on Saturday. We were dragged off for a commiseratory pint or seven down the pub after our results, but great to meet you all the same! Hope you enjoyed your weekend, mate. I did, despite our result! As far as I am aware it was the first time Fulham had qualified for the national finals at any level in its 109 year history so, I'll take it, no problem!

2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It was certainly a pleasure meeting you too my friend!! Yeah, just a pity we didn't get longer to chat, but i figured that all you playing people would have bigger fish to fry than standing round chatting to me! ;)

Sorry about the result, for what it's worth i thought you deserved higher than you got but then some of the marking was bizarre to say the least!!
    I was so tempted when we were waiting for the result of the 4th to shout out for you to stand up and give us a few gags but i think you'd gone to answer a call of nature!! :D

so who else did you meet over the weekend?

my "I've me this tMP-er" list grew to include
    BBCBari (I was txting him to meet up and he was about 6 feet away from where i was sitting!)
    Stephen Clapton (met in the loo of all places!!)
    Dinie and Vickitorious (Congrats on Hatherns 2nd section win!!)
    I'm sure there were others but they were probably hiding!! ;)
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Yup, to answer those who were wondering where one particular 4th section band representative had gone just before the adjudicators left their box, yup it was me on a call of nature. (I seem to remember there was a 'Caution: Wet Floor' sign around. Despite the temptation I refused and went to the loo instead! ;-))

As for getting up and doing gags? Nah, Crawford. I operate better (or worse!) having a bit of time to consider my repsonses, like on tMP! ;-)

I met straightmute too (and a nice chat we had too!) but that was about it, tMPer wise! We had to depart at 10pm on Sunday and I didn't have the readies for the train fare which meant I could have stayed for a while on Sunday!