Merton Concert Band - Conductor required

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Dave Payn, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

With my imminent departure to the Isle of Arran, the Merton Concert Band, formed some 20 years ago by trumpeter Stan Newsome, will be looking for someone to take over from me. A baton-waver had already been earmarked but recent circumstances have have meant the vacancy has arisen again.

Although the musical outlook of the band is generally 'to enjoy a musical evening' rather than 'over'-intense rehearsal, a happy balance is what's required for this friendly band based in Wimbledon, SW London, as is the fact that the successful applicant will be well experienced in conducting largely standard wind band light concert repertoire, (Arrangements by Warren Barker, Naohiro Iwai, Sammy Nestico, John Edmondson, Bob Lowden, John Cacavas etc.) along with occasional forays into the standard old Chappell Military Journal arrangements of classical works and musicals' soundtracks from the pen of W.J Duthoit, etc.

Conductors fees are negotiable and can be discussed with the band secretary. If interested, please reply to me by private message only, and I will give you the necessary contact details to arrange potential auditions etc.

Dave Payn
    Departing conductor, Merton Concert Band.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Conductor
    Concert Band
    Stan Newsome
    Merton Concert Band
    Merton