Memorial Concert for Alan Acreman

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by becsdawson, Aug 9, 2007.

1. becsdawson

becsdawson New Member

Alan Acreman passed away on 22nd May this year - I am hoping that some of you will have played with him over his many years as a bandsman in the Rushden area. Alan (my Dad) played brass instruments all his life, starting with the Salvation Army in South Wales. He spent most of his time with Rushden Town Band, where he also worked with the Junior Band. He helped out lots of the local bands including the Windmill, Raunds and Gadsden band. During his time at RTB he played the Cornet, Tenor Horn, Baritone, Euphonium, Eflat and Bflat Bass and finshed by teaching himself the drums - only the trombone elluded him! As Dad's funeral was in Wales many people were not able to attend, so I have organised a memorial concert for all those who knew him, or for those who just appreciate a good band concert! Rushden Town Band will be playing in his honour on the 30th September 2007 and it will take place at Biddenham Village Hall at 2pm. It has been a long time since I have played, but the band have convinced me to play for the concert, so although I am attending rehearsals can I apologise in advance for any dodgy sounds coming from the 2nd Euph chair!!! If you want any more info, or are thinking of coming please contact me at becsdawson@yahoo.co.uk - I look forward to seeing some of you there. :tup

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007