Members Areas and discussion threads

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tubafran, May 28, 2011.

1. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hi does anyone currently have a members area on their band's websites? Interested it something simple that committee members can hold discussions in and members of the band can comment on.

Basically would like something that looks like this for 30 users.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi
    Members Areas
    committee members
    discussions
    band
  3. John_D

John_D Member

Don't have at present, but been thinking about it for our bands site. Thought it would be good for posting arrangements for engagements, programmes etc. Especially useful for members who miss a rehearsal (due to work, illness etc)

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Similar thoughts for us too. We use Google Calendar to post the jobs and link a separate calendar for known abscences etc to keep a check on dep requirements. We are also considering using as a method where the committee can post on discussion items as and when they arise.

A suggestion I have already received is e107 which is a Content Management System (I thought it was hand cream :)) - looks good and is in use by one of our committee members on another group

5. yoda

yoda Member

the e107 CMS system is superb

its a free fully supported website system that uses MYSQL database and is written in php.

its in constant development so bug fixes and security fixes are addressed as they crop up.

it integrates with google calender

www.e107.org is their home page

:)

6. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Denton Brass have one and have had for about five years. It started off well used, however since facebook became so popular the forum has become little used. It is run on phpBB3 our hosting company limit us to 2 sql databases so we can only run the forum and a guestbook, but I guess for around £20 per year we should not complain.