Meltham & Meltham Mills Band - vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Aaron, May 11, 2007.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member

The Meltham & Meltham Mills Band, Yorkshire 2nd Section, have vacancies for the following positions:

Solo Trombone
    Bass Trombone
    BBb Bass

We have a busy & varied programme for the year, taking in local contests, march contests inc Whit Friday, & a Proms concert in Filey.
    If you are interested (or you know someone who you think might be) please contact either Alison Eastwood (Band Secretary) on 01484 358451 or Stuart Fawcett (MD) on 01484 309500

We are a very friendly & ambitious band & will be competing in 1st section from Jan 2007
  2. barrytone

barrytone Member

What's happened to your solo trom player? He helped Hebden when I played there, did the open preview with us I believe. Don't you mean first section January 2008?
  3. Aaron

Aaron Member

My appologies I did mean 2008!
    Which solo trom player do you mean?when did they help you out?
    If it was over 2 years ago it would have been Chris Beaumont, he's now with Knottingley, or after he left we had Jonny Eastwood, he has now signed for Marsden
  4. 8th position

8th position Member

Not guilty, M'lud! I did help Hedben Bridge out but that was a few years ago now, at a golf club function if I remember rightly...

Anyway, for anyone who's considering a move to a new band, I really would recommend getting in touch with Aaron and trying Meltham. A very nice group of people, with a good setup and an excellent MD.

Best regards,

Chris Beaumont
    Knottingley Silver Band
  5. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Aye... I'll second that. Had the pleasure of helping for a few concerts over xmas on trom and theyre a really great bunch of people. :clap:
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member

Meltham & Meltham Mills Band needs YOU!!

Meltham & Meltham Mills Band (near Holmfirth, Huddersfield) 1st section in the Yorkshire area currently have vacancies for Trombone & Cornet players to complete our line up.
    Principal or assistant principal cornet may be available to the right person, & transport can be arranged if necessary (I travel from north Manchester & would happily pick up & drop off en route)
    If you are looking for a young & sociable band & are interested in joining Meltham, please PM me or my email address is: Alternatively you can call our MD Stuart Fawcett on 01484 309500 for a chat!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2008
  7. Aaron

Aaron Member

Calling All Cornets!!!

The Meltham & Meltham Mills Band, 1st section Yorkshire Area, based near Huddersfield are in need of cornet players to complete our line for the upcoming contest season. If you live in or around the Huddersfield area & are interested in popping along for a blow, please PM me or give me a ring on 07512803435, alternatively you can contact our MD Stuart Fawcett for a chat on 01483 309500. We are a friendly & (very) social group, with a busy & mixed programme of concerts & contests coming up
  8. Meltham and Meltham Mills Band

We are based in Meltham which lies between marsden and holm firth.

We require 2 solo cornets to join the band to fill the cornet ranks.

We do have players that travel for far afield so lifts can be arranged.
  9. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

I have to say, if i wasnt where i am i would be where Stuart Fawcett is. Quality and commitment hand in hand.
  10. Aaron

Aaron Member

Just an update!

We are still on the look out for 2 front row cornet players, with the principle seat available to the right person. Travel expenses will also be subsidised dependent on distance. Our contests include Wilkinsons and Butlins
  11. Aaron

Aaron Member

Players Required!

Meltham and Meltham Mills, ambitious 1st section band (4th at recent Yorkshire Areas) require the following to complete our line up:
    Front row cornet (principle chair considered to the right person)
    2nd Trombone
    We have a sensible and varied concert/contest programme planned for the year and rehearse Mon/Thurs 7:45pm - 9:30pm
    Instrument can be provided also.
    If you are interested, please either PM me or contact Stuart Fawcett (MD) on 01484 309500 or Alison Eastwood (Band Manager) on 01484 358451
  12. Aaron

Aaron Member

Vacancies Update...

Meltham & Meltham Mills Brass Band, established 1st section Yorkshire area (just outside Huddersfield), have vacancies for the following positions:

2nd/3rd Cornets
    2nd Trombone
    Percussion (tuned or kit)

We are a friendly & sociable band with a varied contest & concert schedule. If you're interested, why not pop in for a rehearsal? You can either pm me, or contact either our secretary Alison Eastwood on 01484 358451 or our MD Stuart Fawcett on 01484 309500. You could of course ring me too on 07952 096570

13. Aaron

Aaron Member

Update - Players required...

Meltham & Meltham Mills Band []
    Friendly first section band requires cornet player and percussionist to complete line up for our varied contest & contest schedule. We rehearse Monday and Thursday evenings 7:45 -9:30.
    Interested?? Please contact Stuart Fawcett (Musical Director) on 01484 309500.
    or alternatively email
    or PM me & I shall pass on

14. Aaron

Aaron Member

UPDATE ON VACANCIES: We have vacancies for the following positions:

SOLO Trombone
    Front row Cornets
    Percussion - kit or tuned

Upcoming concerts include last night of the proms, contests include Wilkinsons & Butlins. We are a friendly & sociable band, and rehearse mondays & thursdays 7:45pm - 9:30pm. If interested, please PM me or contact our Musical Director Stuart Fawcett on (01484) 309500
  15. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Hello there!

If you would like a bum on seat for a few weeks than I can help out.

All I would require is a lift from Oldham.

16. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Aaron, empty your pm boxes!
  17. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

Hey HB! if you want to come up for a blow give me a bell n i can give you a lift :)