Melbourne International Festival of Brass 2008

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by blue steel, Sep 28, 2008.

1. blue steel

blue steel Member

The Melbourne International Festival of Brass has started again!

I just saw David King give some brass band workshops to some great Victorian bands. He's also conducting the National Australian Brass in a concert on Friday night, should be fantastic - I can't wait to hear what he does with the "best of the best" Australians!

I think all the concerts are being streamed live on The Music Page www.themusicpage.com. I got an email from them the other day saying the following was being streamed (all times are local Melbourne times). It looks like it's going to be an epic week.

Barry Tuckwell, Wycliffe Gordon, Jens Lindemann, Wayne Bergeron.... This sure is how to run a brass festival!!

Monday 29 September 2008-
    Saturday 4 October 2008
    Monday:
    5.00pm – Barry Tuckwell in Concert
    7.45pm – The Daily Show
    8.00pm – Michael Bertoncello & Tristram Williams in Concert

Tuesday:
    7.45pm – The Daily Show
    8.00pm – Jens Lindemann & Gail Williams in Concert

Wednesday:
    7.45pm – The Daily Show
    8.00pm – Australian Brass Quintet in Concert

Thursday:
    5.00pm – Jon Sass in Concert
    7.45pm – The Daily Show
    8.00pm – Wycliffe Gordon Jazz Gig
    featuring B# Big Band Rhythm Section

Friday:
    7.45pm – The Daily Show
    8.00pm – National Australia Brass with Jens Lindemann and winner of the Barry Tuckwell Prize, conducted by David King

Saturday:
    7.45pm – The Daily Show
    8.00pm – B# Big Band with Wayne Bergeron & Wycliffe Gordon

2. Rodney

Rodney Member

Hi,
    I've got to say that being in one of the bands that David King spent about an hour with, was one of the high-lights of my musical career - I hung on to every word.

See ya