Meeting up with fellow members.......

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 28, 2003.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

With the upcoming round of area competitions just around the corner - I've been contacted by several members who have told me that many of you at have plans to meet up with one another during these next few weeks...

Don't forget to drop a note here to tell us your story... we'd all be delighted to hear your 'Meeting Up' tale!!.. from beer 'n ale stories, surprise result stories through to pathetic adjudication stories and ..."my gosh, I didn't expect him/her to look like that" or ... "you look nothing like your avatar you know!!"

How's about a e-Beer for the most interesting story then eh???

I'm sure there are some interesting threads to come... :D

2. rutty

rutty Active Member

I'll be the fugly, skinny fella in the glasses at Burton on Sunday. You can buy me beer if you're there - I won't mind 8)
  3. dave jake

dave jake Member

I think afew of us from the NE are coming down to Burton on the Sunday, so can someone let the barstaff know as to get a boatload of extra ale in. We have some serious drinkers in our party, no names mentioned? :wink: :wink:
  4. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Will anyone dare come to the NE area contest. it doesnt seem to be a popular venue to visit. But i can guarantee a fantastic beer up in the pubs in the square opposite.
  5. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Of course, some of us already have.... :D

If anybody fancies meeting up at Blackpool, let me know. :)
  6. dave jake

dave jake Member

I ll second that, there are some sound pubs in Darlington Market Square 8) 8)
  7. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

It'll be a good day. And apparently there is a band contest on too!!!!!!
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Whats a pub! :p:p:p:p:p:p
  9. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

ok ill try again!!! :oops:
    heres an idea..
    how about some Tshirts.
    a bit late for this contest but maybe for later ones.
    then we would b able to find each other :)
  10. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Yeah but I bet you won't buy one back :roll:
  11. picju96

picju96 Member

Anyone going to the south west regionals on the 4th/5th April? You all seem to be up North!
  12. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

ray u owe me a drink!
  13. Heather

Heather Member

Blackpool sounds a good idea!!!!!
  14. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member t-shirts or badges sound like a good idea - esp as I look nothing like my avatar....

See you at St G's on Sunday pm and in Darlo!

Rach x
  15. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Rach .. watch for an announcement soon for t-shirts, badges, car stickers etc... :D I'm in talks with someone as we speak...

I might just need some pre-orders, but they will be available soon :D :D
  16. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Too right. When we won in 2000 I left my phone in the Boot and Shoe. Went back there on the Monday to collect the phone and had no recollection of a previous visit...

Pics on the website, of course.

17. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Having experienced both the Northern and Midland Areas as a player, i can categorically declare the Midlands Area as being absolutely pathetic in comparison to the Dolphin Centre.

FIrstly the venues, Burton Town Hall is a horrible place and if there was a fire during the contest, a large proportion of the UKs bands would wiped out, trapped inside. And its GOT NO BAR!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dolphin Centre, has a swimming pool (when i was younger early draw meant time for a swiming session before results, freeing my dad up for more important duties. in the bar.) IT HAS A BAR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good bar atmosphere too.

Burton has got a lot of pubs in the locality and a pub crawlesque map is supplied, but to be fair, they are all pokey little dives full of locals who dont quite understand whats hit them. It also means that all the bands become dispersed.

Darlo though has a few good pubs in close proximity and an internal bar. while the beer isnt as good as burton, the band's remain quite well interspersed. any pub in which you find buckshot in your Game Pie must be good!

I really hope i get up to darlington this year (pull a sickie at work) cos it has a lot more atmosphere and general banter than burton. i think the fact there are less bands helps this.

just my personal view and opinions.

anyone wishing to buy me a pint at burton is welcome to. i will be loud, tall, drunk and oozing studentness. i will also be rambling incomprehensibly in geordie!
  18. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

See you in the Bar or pub Rach my round :lol:
  19. dave jake

dave jake Member

FIrstly the venues, Burton Town Hall is a horrible place and if there was a fire during the contest, a large proportion of the UKs bands would wiped out, trapped inside. And its GOT NO BAR!!!! :

This cant be true no bar? serious second thoughts about coming down. A DRY CONTEST never been heard of :( :( :x :x
  20. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Not only has it got no bar, The local pubs are so small that you are lucky if you can get a quintet in them :roll: