Medical advice needed...not serious...general query really lol!

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by scotchgirl, Apr 28, 2009.

1. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

you know when you catch a knuckle on something (a door, a wall, a play kitchen)...and you graze it, but there is a little flap of skin you yank it off, or leave it?

I keep catching the same ****** thing over and over again, and I can't wear a plaster coz its the index finger on my right hand, first knuckle....
  2. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I find cutting it off with a pair of scissors does less damage than yanking it off!

But it sounds like it might smart to expose it - why not wrap a little bandage round it for extra drama points?
  3. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

oooh drama points....what about a sling? ;)
  4. MoominDave

Maybe a wheelchair? Those motorised ones look quite fun.
  5. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

oh yeah!! good idea! I could sue the ELC for clearly making their toy kitchens an actual dangerous finger slicing hazard??
  6. MoominDave

Or you could just glue it down
  7. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Glue ELC? That would certainly get rid of one of the world's evils....hmmmmm....
  8. MoominDave

Evil Learning Centre
  9. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

So appreciate its true evilness, take a couple of toddlers in buggies...just let them wander around for 5 minutes...then try to get them to leave the shop..........
  10. bbg

bbg Member

memories.................are made of this!

We "discovered" ELC in Carlisle whilst living in Dumfries, and our son loved it - and didn't want to leave. The Christmas he was 3, he decided that he wanted the ELC "wooden train set" , one which was duly purchased. Unfortuneately, it became apparent that the bold boy was rather expecting the massive layout as displayed in the shop, not the wee figure of 8 track and an engine shed that he got! Mmmm - wonder if that's when we phsycologicaly damaged him so much that he grew up to be a drummer?

Back on topic (sort of) - has the even wee-er Scotchgirl ever hurt herself on the kitchen, or just Mummy? If the latter I would suggest a bit of tape over the offending edge / corner, if the former - a visit back to ELC to see if the actual toy had a potentially dangerous fault.
  11. leisa

leisa Active Member

swine flu....clearly
  12. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

How about plastic surgery?
    Many good deals to be had nowadays.

13. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

How about Germoline "New skin"? It paints onto your skin a bit like nail varnish, and puts a clear layer over the top which is breathable but protects small cuts and scratches. I used to use it for paper cuts and the likes (don't seem to get those much now). I haven't seen it around for a while but it's probably available in most pharmacies!

Edit: actually, now I come to think on it, this might help my poor left hand when I'm playing - I have a perma blood blister from catching it in my slide. Hurts like crazy at the time, too!
    Last edited: May 5, 2009