Mechanical Tremolo Assistance...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BrianT, Feb 21, 2013.

1. BrianT

BrianT Member

Doing extended tremolos for bar after bar is tiring. During rehearsals I've imagined a mechanical assembly that fits over the cornet valves, you turn a handle on the side, like a rotary egg-whisk and a particular valve combination is repeatedly depressed and released. Easy. Would you be allowed to use such apparatus in a competition? Are there rules forbidding this sort of thing? Thinking about prototyping it in Lego...

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Lego
    mechanical assembly
    tremolos
    bar
    particular valve combination
  3. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

I cant see them stopping you taking the whisk on stage, however, I think Health & Safety would stop you taking a gas burner on to cook it !

4. Ianroberts

or if your struggling doing it proper like, give it up as a bad job and take up the bass, no one expects them to be able to do the clever stuff !!!!

;);)

5. GordonH

GordonH Member

I move my hand over the valves so my stronger first and second fingers are pressing the required valves. This was often how Maurice Andre handled trills and tremolos so its not without precedence.

6. Sounds like a high whisk strategy to me...

7. Ianroberts

:clap::clap:

8. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Just you watch it Pal, there are plenty of bass trills in "Life Divine" which although are not tremelos, require a similar technique !!! Many bass players are quite capable of producing flashy tekkie stuff on their valved dustbins ! Little parpers have it easy in comparison.

~ Mr Wilx (Triple tongue firmly in cheek !)

9. Ianroberts

Oi, you'll upset em talking like that !

10. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

That quote has been blatantly altered to present a negative "Bassic" impression or my comments. Shame on you !
    My original read :-
    Just you watch it Pal, there are plenty of bass trills in "Life Divine" which although are not tremelos, require a similar technique !!! Many bass players are quite capable of producing flashy tekkie stuff on their valved dustbins !

Mr Wilx (Tremeloing with indignation !)