MD required- Littleborough Public Brass, North West.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by MattB, Jul 31, 2003.

1. MattB

MattB Member

Due to my decision to return to playing, Littleborough Public Brass Band are now looking for an MD to take the band forward.

The band is 4th section and based near Rochdale, Lancashire.

All enquiries in confidence to secretary Sheri Young 01706 374830

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    MD
    Littleborough Public Brass
    Sheri Young
    band
    North West
  3. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Were you the MD or has your renewed presence caused the MD to step down?

4. MattB

MattB Member

I have been MD for the last two years, but the pull of playing just proved too much to resist!

5. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I've just returned to playing after a year's sabatical......with Littleborough!! :shock:
    I'm sure resigning has nothing to do with my split notes though eh Matt! :?

If there is someone out there willing to become our new MD, I'll gladly move back to the back row (PLEASE!) :wink:

6. MattB

MattB Member

Split notes Andy? Never heard any of them!! If I was going to resign because of split notes I'd have done it ages ago! come to think of it, I bet there wouldn't be a band left with an MD!

7. NeilW

NeilW Member

Or was it that you could "do better" yourself than the guest Euph @ Littleborough :eek:

Have fun... Hope alls well with the family too..

Neil
    (stuck at home, and unable to play for > 6 weeks with a broken arm!)

8. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Found a Md yet????

9. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Are you volunteering Becky? There's a vacancy on front row if you're interested! (As I shall be returning home to the back row!)

Anyway, back to the original question....have we got a new M.D. yet do you know Matt?

10. MattB

MattB Member

Having sorted out the differences we had between committee and myself, I am now STAYING as MD of Littleborough!

Thanks for all the posts and enquiries regarding the job, but now not needed!

Hope last night on the back row was better for you Andy? PS. Pete is trying to arrange a cornet for you in the next week or two.

Matt.

11. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

That's fantastic news Matt! Nice one. I said to Sally last night in the pub after band that maybe you'd had a change of mind after nothing was mentioned at last night's practice. Maybe I'm physchic! (soz can't spell!)
    And yeah, I enjoyed back row much more cheers Matt. it's nice to be back where I belong! :D It'll be good to have a cornet to practice on too, cheers.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    MD
    Littleborough Public Brass
    Sheri Young
    band
    North West