MD Required for Sellers International Youth

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Mark Bousie, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Mark Bousie

Mark Bousie Member

After nearly eight happy and successful years I have made the very difficult decision to relinquish my position as Musical Director of Sellers International Youth Band.

With increasing work as Head of Music at a large secondary school and other playing and conducting commitments I believe now is an appropriate time to pass the baton on to a new Musical Director who can mould the next generation of young brass players at the band’s Huddersfield base.

My absolute, number one concern now is that the band finds the right person to 'take up the baton' and make this very special group their own. I will be stopping with the band until we find that person.

Just a little bit about the band:

Since it's formation in 1998, Sellers International Youth has built up an enviable reputation on the contest and concert stage, both locally and nationally.

Amongst its numerous awards, the band have won the Tameside Youth Festival and are the current National Youth Advanced Section Champions, a title it gained at the RNCM in April of this year. In 2007 Sellers International Youth was declared 'Lower Section/Youth Band of the Year'.

Alongside competition successes the band has given many acclaimed concert performances around the West Yorkshire area too, raising many thousands of pounds for charity in the process.

Sellers Youth Band enjoyed their first foreign trip in April of this year, completing a highly successful concert tour of Belgium. The Band’s debut CD ‘Apex’ was recorded in February.

Anyone interested in the position should contact Mrs Christine Edwards - or 07928911845 (after 4pm Mon- Fri).