MD of Littleborough Band Resigns

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Littleborough Band, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Littleborough Band

Littleborough Band New Member

It is with great sadness and regret that I must report that Matthew Bailey, MD for Littleborough Public Brass Band since September 2001, has taken the decision to resign from his position at the front of the band. Matthew gave his reasons as being his wish to continue his own personal musical development as a player, and that he felt he had taken the band as far as he could. Matthew has been a wonderful addition to our band; he took us from a completely non-contesting eight members to 'all bums on seats' full compliment band back on the contesting scene, and I think it would be fair to say that if it wasn't for him, Littleborough Public Band may well have parped its last note some six years ago. We are very grateful for his time and input over these years and will miss him greatly. Should he choose to conduct elsewhere in the future, the band he chooses, and who chooses him, will be a lucky and most successful one I am sure.
    Looking towards the future, a new MD is required for Littleborough Band with effect from January 1st 2008, and auditions will be held forthwith. All interested parties should contact the secretary, Alison Bailey on 01706 639156, or, as soon as possible with a view to organising an audition.
    Again, many thanks to Matt, his influence and charisma will not be forgotten. Good luck Matt.