MD Looking for a band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by madandcrazytromboneguy, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Hi, everyone

I am currently taking the BA (Hons) course in Band Studies at Accrington and Rossendale College (about to start my fourth and final year) and am looking for a conducting position within 20 miles of my home town of Hebden Bridge.

Ideally I would like to conduct a fourth/borderline third section band, but I would also consider non-contesting, youth or junior band.

I am 21 years old and have been banding for twelve years, performing and contesting with bands from junior band up to championship section level.

However, I do want to continue playing with my current band which rehearses on Monday and Wednesday, and I do not have a driving licence at the moment, although I hope to take my test in the near future.

If you would like to know anything else about me or if you would like me to visit your band for a rehearsal, please contact me on or tel: 07921391996, or just send me a PM.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon.
  2. This situation has now changed slightly.

I have changed band now so my playing nights are wednesday and sunday, not monday and wednesday, so if this helps at all as I know a lot of bands rehearse on a monday, then please don't hesitate to send me a message or contact me using the info on the original post.

thanks again for reading.

3. which band have u joind clive? :p :clap: , good look finding a band to conduct! why dont you ask matt (2nd euph) about littleborogh junior band again, see if u could do abit down there?
  4. MattB

MattB Member

Our juniors are taken now by our Principle Cornet player Damian Jackson, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind u doing a bit.

By the way Rick, isn't it time you updated that picture!!

5. thanks guys that might be a possibility although a permanent position is what im looking for ideally, any other suggestions though will be considered :)

and rick i think you already know which band it is ;)
  6. matt's made a good point there rick, are you going to change your photo? lol
  7. zak

zak Member

Such secrecy...... It's like a murder/mystery/who dunnit!!! :D

Best advice is to tell everyone who you are and where you play and what you have done perhaps, might help people thinking about contacting you????
  8. strange zak as i thought i had already done it, if you read the initial post you'll see all the info required for people to contact me, it does say, if you'd like to know more about me then please dont hesitate to contact me, putting limited info on makes people more curious and makes people want to find out more, things are very positive right now and i want it to carry on :)