MD Gloucestershire Area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Cyndy, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

My Hubby would like to get back into conducting.
    Anyone looking for an MD in and around the Gloucestershire area, prepared to travel reasonable distances.
    Has had good contest results both local & the areas.
    Ex championship player.

2. davidaus

davidaus New Member

Good Luck Cyndy ... you hubby would be good for a lot of bands!

3. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Thank you David, I think so too, but then I am biased(is that how you spell it)

4. fozzie

fozzie New Member

MD Required - Stourport-on-Severn Brass Band

Hi,

I am replying to your message on behalf of Stourport-on-Severn Brass Band.

We are a friendly and hardworking 2nd Section band who compete in the Midlands Area and are currently looking for a new permanent Musical Director to move the band forwards and help us to maintain a strong level of playing.

We do contesting but also like to spend time preparing for good quality concerts in and around the Wyre Forest/Midlands.

We are a hop, skip and a jump up/down the M5 from Gloucester (not sure how far your husband would be prepared to travel?).

If your husband would like to contact the band and find out about auditions for our new MD, please email us at committee@stourportband.co.uk to get you started. To find out more about the band you could visit our website on www.stourportband.co.uk.

We practise on Tues & Thurs evenings 7.45pm-9.45pm in our band room in Areley Kings.

We look forward to hearing from you

Many Thanks
    Jo - Committee Member & Tenor Horn Player:)

5. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Hi Fozzie,
    Have sent you a PM

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  6. fozzie

fozzie New Member

MD required - Stourport-on-Severn Brass Band

Hi Cyndy,

Thanks for your reply.

Just a quick note to say that Stourport-on-Severn Brass Band are now advertising the MD vacancy on this website and have set a closing date for applications of 30th April 2008.

Interested applicants are asked to send a note and their CV/experience to secretary@stourportband.co.uk or committee@stourportband.co.uk

Hope this helps, I wouldn't want your husband to miss the closing date if he is interested.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Fozzie
    Stourport-on-Severn Brass Band:)

7. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

He's still looking.
    Shame he's not back home in Yorkshire,:( loads of MD vacancies up there.:redface: