MD Available

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by SteveT, Dec 14, 2005.

1. SteveT

SteveT Member

Highly respected musician seeks projects with bands.

As a result of being in demand doing other things over the last couple of years, I have not had my own band for a while. However, I have been busy writing / arranging / adjudicating and conducting some first class bands and orchestras.

I have really enjoyed this and just wondered if there are any more bands out there who enjoy using different MD's and getting a different perspective on things. I am a very effective contest winning band trainer, as all the bands I have been involved with have succeeded in this field. Also, I love working towards special projects and conducting workshops etc.

So if anyone want's a discrete chat and make an enquiry, please pm me. Thanks.
  2. bigcol

bigcol Member

Where are you?
  3. SteveT

SteveT Member

I am on the Border of N.West / West Yorkshire. Travel isn't a real problem for projects.
  4. bigcol

bigcol Member

Oh good catchment area.
  5. SteveT

SteveT Member

If I can help any younger or less experienced conductors out there, I would really love that. I have come to the point in my musical life, which spans over 30 years now as an amatuer and professional, where I would like to help at grass roots level.

I have been conducting top class bands now since 1990 and have been an adjudicator for quite a few years. So, like those who helped me, I would like to put something back which will have an exponential effect!

DAN-CORNET New Member

7. robcornet

robcornet Member

Cottingham band are recruiting new MD might be worth reading their ad.
  8. Blades4Ever

Blades4Ever Member

West Yorkshire?

Hi Steve. I thought you were living in the Midlands now.
  9. timbloke

timbloke Member

I know Oughtibridge (NW Sheffield) are looking for a full time conductor to help them bounce straight back to the 3rd section when they drop to the 4th in January. At present their conductor can only make one rehearsal a week.
  10. SteveT

SteveT Member

Just moved Ian....... today!

ha... now live on Northants / Cams Border
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

Aren't we lucky! :D
  12. Blades4Ever

Blades4Ever Member

Hi Steve

You sound well placed for a visit to the Vane Arms at Sudborough! Highly recommended!
  13. SteveT

SteveT Member

We'll find out on Wednesday Ben. I understand I will be looking at some of your music too! !!!
  14. SteveT

SteveT Member

Isn't that a "REAL ALE" pub Ian. If so, I won't be going anywhere near it!" I am still a lager thug I am afraid.

Actually live in Clopton!

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yes Stephen! Be afraid... very afraid!

(If you want a little heads up, the pieces we picked are:
    Junction 20
    Praise my Soul
    Journey to Alpha Centauri
    The Day Thou Gavest (being uploaded)
    and The Skye Boat Song (being uploaded too)

Looking forward to it! :)