McDonalds Breakfasts- Great Hangover cure or pure tat?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MattB, Mar 23, 2007.

McDonalds Brekkie- Cure all or tat?

1. Cure all

38 vote(s)
  2. Pure Tat!

30 vote(s)
  1. MattB

MattB Member

Having had one too many shandies last night, I stopped at McD's on my way to work. I must say, after consuming a sausage and egg mcmuffin and a hash brown my spirits lifted considerably!

It got me thinking- how do other tMPers cope with 'the morning after', and where does the McD's fix rank? Cure or pure tat?

2. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I have to say, when I've felt ropey before, a Macdonalds' breakfast has sorted me out. Probably zero nutritional value and quite bad for you, but there's something in them that soaks up the morning after nastyness!
  3. Texus

Texus Member

The perfect nutritional hangover cure if you ask me!
    Lard and coke - splendid!
  4. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

I've stood by mine for years....

1 x pint sweet tea
    0.5 x packet of custard creams.

Always works for me!
  5. barrytone

barrytone Member

On a band practice night as well Matt, shame on you! I don't drink, as you know, but can't function any morning without a strong coffee before I leave the house and a banana to munch on the way to work. Good luck at Tameside, be rooting for you!
  6. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

You not tried out Frank's cure of three cigars and a triple whiskey yet then Andy? :p
  7. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Can't beat a Bullshot:

Beef Consommé
    Tomato Juice
    Lemon Juice
    Worcestershire Sauce
    Celery Salt
    Black Pepper
    & as much Tabasco Sauce as you can stomach
  8. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

A good Macdonald's always seems to sort me out after a night of excessive pop consumption
  9. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

I can't say I've ever had one of those.......
  10. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

No me either, but they're slightly better get beer with them :clap:
    (Not breakfast obviously!)
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

MISS PITCH Member

only 18 and only drink london pride/ 6X or
    at the drunkest of times --- FOSTERS...

so the hangover thing hasnt really hit home yet ---
    but after a late night the grease does slide down good... yummmm.... grease........ eggy grease......

Faye xxx

PS. yes, i am fat....
  13. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

The perfect hangover cure can be found in the marketplace in Uttoxeter. There is a little cafe that serves the 'Jumbo Breakfast' for £4.50...

2 bacon, 2 sausages, 2 eggs, 2 hash browns, oatcake, black pudding, 2 toast, mushrooms, toms, beans and as much tea / coffee as you can handle.

If you keep it down, it sorts you out big time.

MISS PITCH Member

Whats an Oatcake?!

sounds yukkie....

FAYe xxx
  15. six pints

six pints Active Member

still fanta, which i only seem to be able from maccy d's. I swear it is the best drink in the world!
  16. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

A biscuit made from oats. Invented in the land where the people eat things that other races wouldn't feed to animals (haggis, anyone?) :)

But McDonald's - hey, there's limits where even we don't go...
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  17. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Nor have I when sober. However, when I am hungover/still drunk it is the food of the gods!
  18. oddbod

oddbod Member

It depends on your 49, most of us look at a McDonanlds as a heart attack in a bag.

MISS PITCH Member

and where can i get these so called

20. oddbod

oddbod Member

The thing is (Where's Ian Perks when you need him?) My brother started out as a trainee butcher for the Coop - sometimes he'd bring a sheep's eye ball home to upset us if he could, and he used to tell me that to make things like your sausage burger thingies - the "Lean pork" referred to was usually... ahem.. pigs lips, eyelids, ****holes etc! and the only bit of a pig you couldn't eat was its Oink.

- And a lass in our admin at work always says the last time she had a sausage and egg McHeartAttack, she found a pig's eyebrow in it!

Back to my SpecialK with red berries then.... not that it's working or anything......