Matlock Band announces departure of Musical Director

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by youngman, Apr 10, 2009.

1. youngman

youngman Member

Following a highly sucessful six years as Musical Director at Matlock Band, Roger Jepson has decided to take a break from the brass banding world. During this time, Roger has lead the band from strength to strength achieving promotion from the depths of the 4th section to the 2nd section.
    Under his direction, Matlock became 4th and 3rd section Midlands area champions, 3rd section Butlins Mineworkers champions, winners at Buxton, Leicester, Derby and Leamington contests as well as appearing at the Harrogate National finals 4 times.
    The band would like to thank Roger for all his hard work over the years and the achievements made together. It is hoped that the band can build on the high standards already set by him and continue to move further forward.
    Matlock Band are pleased that Roger has accepted the invitation to become the patron of the band and look forward to his continued support.
    The search for a new Musical Director will now begin.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Matlock
    Roger Jepson
    Matlock Band
    departure of Musical Director
    new Musical Director
  3. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I am sorry to hear that Roger has decided to take a break..Over the years I have become a fond follower of the band and even though i play for Cubbington,have always looked to see how the band is doing and at their results.
    Best of luck for the future.

4. Di B

Di B Member

As an ex member of the band I know the band has many committed and talented players around the stand. I hope you find the right person to take the band forward and continue going from strength to strength.

Roger did a good job. I am sure he will continue to support the band in the future.

5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I helped the band out in December at a concert and found Roger to be a great guy in the middle of the band and was really impressed with him.
    A great bunch of players around the stand as well.
    Im sure you will get a good replacement with the set up you have got.

6. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Good luck to Roger, he has done a sterling job at Matlock............. WHY DON'T YOU "YOUNGMAN" TAKE UP THE STICK............... (no offence Chris) KSJ