Masters Renaming?!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by grandfilth, Feb 16, 2004.

1. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

Ok this is probably going to sound bitter and twisted but hey, im in good company for that!!If the Masters are infact the all-England masters should they not include the best bands in England?It seems to me that some bands have been included so that all the regions of england are covered.....not mentioniong any names!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    company
    England
    im
    Masters
    regions
  3. jambo

jambo Member

Bitter and twisted, na, I think that you should be in the masters after the year or so the band has had.

Keep plugging away, recognition will be yours.

Failing that just sabotage a band thats going so that they can't go.

No, that just wouldn't be fair would it?!

:hammer

4. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I think the clue is in the name: ALL England Masters (as opposed to North-of-England Masters). :wink:
    And yes, you do sound a wee bit sour-grapey!!

5. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

well why not if you cant make a dick of yourself what can you do?! O and I wasn't suggesting that it should be just northern bands there are some southern bands that more than deserve to be there( e.g. Aveley...). why isit that everyone on this website assumes I hate the south?!What have i done?Its my home, why would i slag it off?!!!for fuck sake!

O and so what if it is sour grapes, who wouldn.t want the opportunity to play with some of the best bands in the country?!

6. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Chill! :lol:
    Noone's saying you hate the south. I was just questioning the implication in your original post that some regions don't deserve representation.....

7. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

ok sorry im tired and at uni, therefore stressed!!

8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Being Scottish and therfore "on the outside looking in" as it were, I would agree with grandfilth. Why shouldn't a contest with the title "All England Masters" be a platform for the very best bands that the country has to offer. If regional representation is important then weight the contest entries so that the best regions have more entries but ensure that every region is represented. Seems eminently sensible to me.