Master Class with Steve Sykes

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Dennis Brown, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Dennis Brown

Dennis Brown New Member

Steve Sykes is holding a Master Class in our Bandhall (Egham, Surrey) for low brass on Saturday 4th December 2004 from 2.30 - 4.30pm for more details if you would like to participate please contact After the Master Class Steve will be the guest soloist at our Christmas Concert in St. John's Church Egham at 7.45pm tickets (£4.99) and more details are available from
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I have to say that for anyone who has not met Steve, you really should go to this and meet him... he's a superstar.

As well as being simply outstanding on Bass, he's a top character, full of wit and is great fun. I guarantee that anyone attending will enjoy meeting Steve.

: when you see him, please say that I send my regards.
  3. Dennis Brown

Dennis Brown New Member

Thank you

Thank you for your comments, we are certainly all looking forward to his visit and I will certainly pass on your regards.
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Hopefully he'll be showing off his circular breathing technique. Mates in the States who have been to his masterclasses there never stopped talking about it! :D
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I've been lucky enough to attend one of his masterclasses, and he is amazing! His natural ability is outstanding (and did make me slightly jealous) and the way he communicates is excellent. I'd recommend it to anyone. And if you're going to practice the circular breathing thing... do it over a sink!!
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Why is it that every time Steve Sykes comes into our area I'm tied up elsewhere? I'd love to be there, but we're carolling in Sloane square all day :-(
  7. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

For those who are interested, the programme for the evening concert is:

Proclamation of Christmas (Bulla)

Sleigh Ride (Anderson)

Celestial Morn (Condon) – [with Steve Sykes]

O Holy Night (Adam/arr.Sykes) – [Steve Sykes with pre-recorded accompaniment]

Deck the Hall (Trad./Arr.Gott

Psalm 100 (Curnow)

The Carollers (Holz)

Hymn to the Fallen (Williams)

Frosty the Snowman (Nelson/Rollins/arr.Smith) – [with Steve Sykes]

El Cumbanchero (Hernandez/arr.Sykes) – [Steve Sykes with pre-recorded accompaniment]

Czardas(Monti/arr.Sykes) – [with Steve Sykes]

The First Noel (Trad./arr. Green) - [with audience (!!)]

"Adeste Fidelis" Variations (Barry)

... still a few tickets available ...