Marsden Silver

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Marsden Silver, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Marsden Silver

Marsden Silver New Member

ollowing our recent success at the Yorkshire Areas, we have an immediate vacancy for a quality front row cornet player, in preparations for the Grand Shield in April. The Band are celebrating their 125th Anniversary this year, so have a good mixture of programme of events to look forward to.

We are a hard working & committed Band, but always find time to play hard and are well known for being a sociable bunch too!

For further details contact our Musical Director Glyn Williams on 07976 628956/glyn@glynwilliamsmusic.co.uk

2. st magnus

st magnus New Member

thought band got relagated to senior cup?

3. st magnus

st magnus New Member

sorry thought marsden were in the senior cup this year?

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I may be wrong, but I believe a couple of bands have had a reprieve following withdrawals.

5. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

That's what I heard too, Peter - as I understand it, Redbridge have also stayed up in the Grand Shield for the same reason.

6. whitewitch

whitewitch Member

Marsden are definitely in the Grand Shield this year. They were told a few weeks ago.

7. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Yes, apparently it's down to the strength of Welsh banding...

8. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

:confused:

Withdrawals (from the Grand Shield, iirc) effectively giving them a reprieve, was what I had heard. But yes, if you believe 4BR, *everything* is down to the strength of the mighty red dragon at the moment... :tongue:

9. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

The two withdrawals being Beaumaris and BTM

10. whitewitch

whitewitch Member

The bottom 4 were relegated. Marsden was the top band in that 4, so would have the 1st chance of an offer if a band dropped out. A band dropped out, so they got offered the place.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Band
    Marsden Silver
    Glyn Williams
    glyn
    @glynwilliamsmusic.co.uk
  12. st magnus

st magnus New Member

Fair enough a real oppurtunity to make there mark