Marsden Silver Band require......

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by euphybeast, Feb 19, 2005.

1. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details see most recent postings at the end of this thread

We are in need of a good BBB player to come to our rescue. Can you be that hero?

Please?

We are on fine form at the moment, under our new conductor Glyn Williams, and have had a good run of results recently.:woo

If you can help us, (or have any suggestions!), please ring Phillip Lamb on 07811105134 or contact us via email on pa.lamb@ntlworld.com, or through www.marsden-band.co.uk

Oops - should have said we are 1st section, Yorkshire area, so will be playing Comedy Overture!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Glyn Williams
    lamb@ntlworld.com
    Marsden Silver Band
    email
    moment
  3. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

Should also have said that we are based in Marsden, near Huddersfield, but also really close to Saddleworth if you are from THAT side of the hill.

4. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

BBb Bass & Percussion, Marsden Band, Huddersfield

Marsden Silver Prize Band
    [www.marsden-band.co.uk]

Required:
    A BBb bass is required to complete the team. We are going from strength to strength and just missed out on going to the National Finals. The band has been consistent over the last twelve months in local contests. We rehearse Wednesdays and Fridays at 8pm.

Come along and see for yourself, have a sit in at rehearsal, or contact Phillip Lamb, in confidence, on 01484 644492 or 0781 1105134. Alternatively you can e-mail us at pa.lamb@ntlworld.com or via our website following the link from the "contact us" page.

5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Yes Marsden are still looking for either a Bb or Eb bass as our current players are flexible enough to accommodate the right candidate.

We've got a busy year coming up with the Areas, the Senior Trophy, Whit Friday, Pontins and various other concerts and contests.

You can contact our band manager Phil Lamb on the e-mail adress shown on the first post or you can pm me in confidence and I can give you more info

6. Cornishwomble

Tuned Percussionists Required, Marsden band

Marsden Riverhead Brewery Band (1st Section) require tuned percussionists.

We are a very friendly 1st section band about 6 miles from Huddersfield. We have a very busy contesting year up including the Areas, the Senior Trophy, Whit Friday, Pontins and various March and Hymn contests.

We also have a full and varied concert programme with highlights including the Durham Miners Gala, Last Night of the Proms in Ilkley and York Races.

We practice Wednesday and Friday nights at 8pm in our own band club (with bar!!).

If you are interested in coming along for a try-out please PM me to discuss details.
    All PMs will be treated in strictest confidence.

7. Cornishwomble

2nd Trombone Required, Marsden Riverhead Brewery

Due to work commitments, Marsden Riverhead Brewery require a first class trombone to complete our team.

We are a 1st section band although we have been promoted to the Championship section as of next January due to our 2nd placing at the Yorkshire areas.

The band is based 6 miles west of Huddersfield on the Manchester road and we enjoy the use of our own band room with bar and function room (that gets lots of use!) and we practice on Wednesday and Friday nights 8-10pm

Up and coming events this year include contests such as the Senior Trophy, the National Finals at Harrogate and the defence of our 1st section title at Pontins. We also take part in many March contests such as the JJB March and Hymn contest at Wigan, Brighouse and of course Whit Friday where the band has enjoyed continuing success.

We also have some first class concerts coming up with concerts at Huddersfield Town Hall, York races and Ilkley Moor proms

All enquiries will be treated in strictist confidence, if you are interested then you can PM me for details

Our website is: Marsden Band

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  8. Cornishwomble

Bass Trombone, Marsden

Marsden Riverhead Brewery require a first class Bass Trombone

We are a 1st section band, although we have been promoted to the Championship section as of next January due to our 2nd placing at the Yorkshire areas.

The band is based 6 miles west of Huddersfield on the Manchester road and we enjoy the use of our own band room with bar and function room (that gets lots of use!) and we practice on Wednesday and Friday nights 8-10pm

Up and coming events this year include the Senior Trophy, the National Finals at Harrogate and the defence of our 1st section title at Pontins. We also take part in many March contests such as the JJB March and Hymn contest at Wigan, Brighouse and of course Whit Friday where the band has enjoyed continuing success.

We also have some first class concerts coming up with concerts at Huddersfield Town Hall, York races and Ilkley Moor proms

All enquiries will be treated in strictest confidence, if you are interested then you can PM me for details

Our website is: Marsden Band

9. Cornishwomble

First class cornet player required, Marsden Riverhead Brewery Silver Band, West Yorks

Due to our Repiano player moving to the YBS band, Marsden Riverhead Silver Band require a First Class cornet player.

We have been promoted to the Championship Section as of next year and we will be attending the finals at Harrogate in September.

We will also be defending our Pontins 1st section title in November and next year will see us attending contests such as the Senior Trophy in Blackpool and the Whit Friday marches where this year we came 2nd in the Saddleworth area.

We practice on Wednesday and Friday nights 8-10pm and enjoy the use of our own band room with bar!

You can apply in confidence by sending me a message on here or by ringing our Band Manager Phil Lamb on 07811105134

10. Cornishwomble

Marsden Band, West Yorkshire- Cornet and Bass Trombone

Due to the retirement of 2 of our players after achieving their ambitions of playing at the National finals, Marsden Riverhead Brewery Silver Band require a First-class Cornet and Eb Bass to complete their line-up.

We also require a Bass Trombone as our current player has had to step down due to college commitments.

We have a busy schedule, including the defence of our 1st Section Pontins title and next year we will be playing in the Championship section at the Yorkshire areas

The band enjoys the use of its own band room (with bar!) and practices every Wednesday and Friday 8-10pm

Please PM me for details in strictest confidence.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  11. Cornishwomble

Update-

The Eb Bass position has now been filled. The ban now require a Bass Trombone and a Cornet.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Glyn Williams
    lamb@ntlworld.com
    Marsden Silver Band
    email
    moment
  13. Cornishwomble

Soprano & Bass Trombone. Marsden Band, Championship Section, Yorkshire

The band require a first class Soprano and Bass Trombone. The band has been promoted to the Championship section in 2007 and will also be taking part in the Spring Festival. The band practices on Wednesday and Friday nights from 8-10pm.

All enquiries can be made in the strictest confidence by sending me a PM The band's manager Phillip Lamb can also be contacted on 07811105134 or by e-mailing on pa.lamb@ntlworld.com. The band's musical director, Glynn Williams can be contacted on 07976628956.

14. Kath2

Kath2 Member

Marsden Silver Prize Band (Ossett Brewery) Require

A top class Trombone player to join our ranks.

We are currently seeking a 2nd Trombone player to complete our team

We are situated about 8 miles outside of Huddersfield on the Yorkshire/ Lancashire border.

Some of our upcoming engagements include the Spring festival, Whit Friday, Durham Miners Gala and much much more.

If you are interested in coming for a blow please send me a pm

Thank you

Kath
    Marsden Silver Prize Band (Ossett Brewery)

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2008
  15. Mephi

Mephi Member

2nd Trombone Required By Marsden Silver (Ossett Brewery)

Calling all trombone players! Marsden Silver are looking for enthusiastic players who may be interested in our second trombone vacancy. You will be contributing to the excellent progress of the band and will be playing in a hard working but sociable and friendly environment! Forthcoming events include the Spring Festival, several march contests and a scattering of concerts. We are based in the middle of Marsden just off the A62 with our own facilities and social club.
    Any willing applicants can contact me by Private Message with your details (phone no, playing experience etc) or text on 07970 735825.

Look forward to hearing from you!

16. Mephi

Mephi Member

Just a quick "Hello....anyone out there??!" to the TROMBONE PLAYERS of the world (by 'world' I mean 'within a couple of hours or so of Marsden'!) who've either missed the above ad or have decided to ignore it at your peril!! Take up a new challenge and get yourselves down to a band that is moving upwards (6th at Yorks area Championship Section - not bad off a no.2 draw!). We've good facilities, MD, work ethic, atmosphere and balance of contests and concerts.
    Interested? - contact me by PM or on 07970 735825

17. Mephi

Mephi Member

Hello?.....Any Trombone Players Out There?

The Marsden Silver (Ossett Brewery) Band require a 2nd Trom to complete our team. You'll be sat between two of the nicest blokes you could find. Everyone knows our conductor, he's as good with the Baton as he is with the Euph (then again, in his case, most instruments!!). We have our own bandroom, underneath our own bandclub, so good facilities all round. We have a good balance of 12 piece gigs, concerts, march contests and contests (Pontins & Scottish Open coming up!). With our location we are easy to find from both sides of the border. Oh yes, we're sponsored by a brewery!!

Don't think I can do anymore to sell the band! Please give us a try, anyone interested can contact me by PM or on 07970 735825 or Matthew Schofield on 07734 769379

18. Mephi

Mephi Member

Marsden Silver (Ossett Brewery) require......

The Marsden Silver (Ossett Brewery) Band would like to hear from people interested in our vacant second cornet position. Good band with a good balance of concerts and contests, good facilities etc etc. Why not come down to one of our rehearsals (weds & fri 8 - 10) and see what we are about? Anyone interested to contact me on 07970 735825

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  19. Mephi

Mephi Member

Solo Cornet Player Required

The Marsden Silver (Ossett Brewery) Band would like to hear from any cornet players that may be interested in joining our front row section. Whether you are an experienced top section player fancying a change or you fancy the opportunity to progress and think you have what it takes don't hesitate to contact us! Rehearsals are Wednesday & Friday 8pm - 10pm at our own Band Club.

For further details or to arrange coming down for a 'sit in' contact me by a PM or on 07970 735825 or Matthew Schofield on 07734 769379

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  20. Mephi

Mephi Member

Solo Baritone player required

The Marsden Silver (Ossett Brewery) Band have a vacancy for the above position. Enquiries in confidence to Mark Rodgers on 07970 735825 or via a PM on this site
    Feel free to come on down and see what we're all about. Our own bandroom is located 2 mins off the A62 in Marsden.

Edit: threads merged as per guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  21. Mephi

Mephi Member

Marsden Silver Band

The Marsden Silver Band require a 1st Horn player. We rehearse Wednesday and Friday 8-10pm in our own Bandroom with our own facilities/bar etc etc. We are only two minutes off the A62 Manchester - Huddersfield Rd. Please feel free to come down for a blow and see what we're up to!! We have the Scottish Open in late November and several jobs lined up for December. Contact myself by PM or on 07970 735825 or Matthew Schofield on 07734 769379. We look forward to hearing from you!

MOD EDIT: POST MERGED WITH EXISTING THREAD. PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES AT THE TOP OF THE RECRUITMENT FORUM

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009