Marsden March and Hymn Tune Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Kath2, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Kath2

Kath2 Member

Date for your diaries.

This years contest will be held on Saturday 11th June 2011

If you would like details of the contest please let me know and as soon as these are back from print I will get some in the post for you.

Thank you

Kath
    Marsden Silver Prize Band

2. Couold you send me details please . brigharris
    @hotmail.co.uk

3. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Should be a good warm up for Whit Friday, it's the week after this year.

4. Kath2

Kath2 Member

Entry Forms

Entry forms for the contest are in the post this week if you require one please let me know and I will get one sent either via e-mail or through the post. With Whit Friday being late this year the contest is an ideal run out for your contest march and it would be great to see lots of you there, lots of interest already.

Kath

5. mail@dobcrosssilverband.co.uk thanks

6. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Can you post cost, times and venue on here for those of us that might like to come as Audience and just listen?

7. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

There's no admission fee, however spending lots at the BBQ and the bar is to be more than encouraged. The venue is Marsden Bandroom, Marsden Lane, Marsden, Huddersfield.

It normally starts about 5pm. Oh, and bring midge repellant with you.

8. annerly

annerly New Member

Originally Posted by Kath2 [​IMG]
    Entry forms for the contest are in the post this week if you require one please let me know and I will get one sent either via e-mail or through the post. With Whit Friday being late this year the contest is an ideal run out for your contest march and it would be great to see lots of you there, lots of interest already.

Kath

paulette.morton@btconnect.com

thanks

9. whitewitch

whitewitch Member

hi, i have sent a personal message but it must have gone missing. Can you forward me an application form to nigel.blythe@btclick.com

10. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Hymn Tune Contest
    Kath Marsden Silver Prize Band
    Marsden March
    years contest
    Saturday
  11. Kath2

Kath2 Member

A quick reminder to get your entries in for the contest this is a fantastic opportunity to run out your contest march for Whit Friday, if you haven't already got a form but would like one please get In btouch

Thanks

Kath

12. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Does anyone know when the draw is?

13. fogarty

fogarty New Member

14. NAS

NAS Member

I might be wrong but I think that I read that it's being done on the 8th when entries close.

Does anyone know who's entered this year? We've decided to return again after not attending last year.

15. Kath2

Kath2 Member

The draw is indeed at 8pm on Tuesday, I am still awaiting confirmation from a couple of bands I will confirm the bands on Tuesday. For any bands still wanting to enter entries are open until the draw takes place, this is a superb opportunity to run out your marches for whit Friday for further info please do not hesitate to get in touch with me on07747 018406

Thank you
    Kath

16. Kath2

Kath2 Member

It's the last day for entries today it's not too late to enter your band, please contact me to discuss if you would like to compete. The draw will take place this evening and will be undertaken by members of Marsden Concert band.

Kath

17. Kath2

Kath2 Member

The bans competing in Saturdays contest in no particular order are Uppermill,Dobcross Silver, Rainford, Thoresby Colliery, Huddersfield Brass, Meltham and Meltham Mills, Blackley, Ellenbrook and Boothtown and Milnrow Band.

18. NAS

NAS Member

Hey Kath,

I spoke to someone from Thoresby tonight who said they'd withdrawn :-s

19. Frontman

Frontman Member

I believe Uppermill have won the 2nd Section prize, but unfortunately I don't know anything more.
    Congratulations to Alan Widdop and Uppermill Band.

Any More results yet?

20. Millsy

Millsy New Member

Well done uppermill and especially to Sarah. U took some scalps there gal, well done!

21. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Hymn Tune Contest
    Kath Marsden Silver Prize Band
    Marsden March
    years contest
    Saturday