Marlow Band - Centenery Concert Saturday 6th May 2006

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by IYOUNG, Apr 19, 2006.

IYOUNG Member

the Marlow band is 100 years old this year and to start our summer of celebrations a special centenary concert is being held as follows:-

Shelley Theatre
    Court Garden Complex

Saturday 6th May 2006 7.30pm
    Special Guests: Maidenhead SA Band

Tickets are priced at £10.00 but if you are an ex member or someone who has helped the band out over the years please get in contact with either Ken Hall on 01494 674887 or me via a pm on here and we will arrange tickets for you at a special price.

Ian Young
    Musical Director
    Marlow band

IYOUNG Member

Tonights concert is now officially a complete sell out, thanks to all the ex members and friends of the band for getting in contact.

Both bands have cracking programmes lined up + a few special surprises.

Going to be a great night!

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hope you have a great evening!

My dad played with Marlow for a while in the late 1960s. and we did at least one joint concert with the Windsor Schools Orchestra that dad founded and led - I've got a copy of the programme somewhere ;)

IYOUNG Member

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your kind wishes for tonight,

There is a huge display of old band memorabilia in the theatre tonight, courtesy of our secretary, things dating right back to 1906 when it all began.

On 15th July 2006 we will be doing a similar thing at our open air extravaganza in Marlow, if you could get a copy of the programme it would be lovely to have it included in the display.

Send me a pm if you can help

Thanks again for the kind wishes