Mark Bousie - Great North Run

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mark Bousie, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Mark Bousie

Mark Bousie Member

As a few of you may know already, in just a few weeks (Sunday September 30th) I'll be taking part in the Great North Run. As it's a half marathon (over 13 miles!) I've been training quite hard for it (although I'm not sure it looks like it - getting the diet right has been harder!) over the summer so hopefully I will get round it!

My chosen charity is one very close to many of our hearts - Leukaemia Research. Thankyou to everyone who sponsored me for the Great Manchester Run in May where I managed to raise over £300 for Marie Curie Cancer Care. I feel a bit cheeky asking for sponsors again so soon after, but I would love to beat that amount this time (it should also give me an extra spur over what will be a tough last few weeks of training!).

If you would like to sponsor me (and leave a morale boosting message or otherwise!), please visit my online sponsor page:

Many thanks in advance and hopefully see quite a few of you at the Open,

2. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Good luck Mark, my partner and several work colleagues are also running. I'm in charge of hot dogs and burgers and have been training hard over the summer too......;)
  3. wilky

wilky Member

Good luck!!!!! me and pete meakin would have done it but were still recoving from that last mile run we did last year with you.I think Petes still doing it!!!
  4. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Just thought I'd update everyone on Mark's progress. He's nearly up to his £300 fundraising target and his training is going really well. He did a 12 mile run on Saturday and can still walk!

There's a group on facebook, Mark Bousie - Great North Run, it's open to anyone to join and feel free to leave Mark messages.

Thank you very much to everyone who has already sponsored Mark.
  5. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Mark did the Great North Run today in 1 hour, 58 minutes and 23 seconds. He's now relaxing in the bath!

Mark and I want to thank everyone who sponsored him, he raised well over £300, in fact I think it was closer to £400. All the money is going to a charity close to his heart.

Well done Mark!