Marjorie Williams: Obituary Notice

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by jpbray, Sep 7, 2009.

1. jpbray

jpbray Member

It is my sad duty to announce the passing of Marjorie Williams of Newport Borough Brass Band who died of a heart attack on Friday the 4th September 2009

Marjorie was a stalwart of the Band, and as in many other bands all over country, was the person that always attended rehearsal come rain or shine, looked after the library, the instrument list, helped & encouraged young players fresh out of the Training Band, and a whole host of other things. She will be greatly missed, and sympathies to her husband Doug and the rest of her family are sincerely expressed by the Band.

The funeral is Tuesday 15th September at 2.00pm at Penhow Church. A Band will be playing at the Church, if there is anyone wishing to play, please be at the church no later than 1.15pm, so we can get organised, also can players please contact me at so I have an idea of numbers. The Band will play the requested hymns during the service, in addition to playing incidental hymns prior to the start and at the end.

John Bray
    Secretary Newport Borough Brass Band
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I am so sorry to read of this sad news John. Please pass my sincere condolences to Marjories family.