Marching at Home

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Pythagoras, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

As we are marching tomorrow I thought I'd get a bit of practice in, so after manhandling my new lyre so that the music was not obscured by my bell, I spent half an hour marching up and down my landing playing Slaidburn and Army of the Nile. Was good practice as I had to repeatedly counter-march myself due to lack of space, and gloomy lighting prepared me for the inevitable miserable cloudy day ahead. Flatmates thought I was a right loon (though I did have my practice mute in). Please tell me this is normal behaviour.
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I hope you kept in line with yourself and listened for the bass drum to know when to stop :!: :wink: :lol:
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

When I had my first marching job with Saltash Band on snare drum I got myself strapped up and marching round the house practising for it...
    The dog found it amusing.

So, you're not alone... but aren't going to say that I'm not a looney either :p

:lol: :bounce :hammer :grnsm ;-)
  4. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Hmm, I wish I'd practised marching a bit at home before Whit Friday.
    Marching out of step, with Dyke waiting behind at Denshaw, you do feel a bit of a twirp, especially as you try to get back in step :oops: :oops:
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

believe me when i say your not aloan, when i first joined the TA, i was marching round the house all the while. the only difference was i was listening to a personal cd player, and playing all at the same time. Now that is sad
    and maybe a little looney
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

You Loony???? Never Craig!!

I was in the bb for a while, so I know how to march ... playing @ the same time is a whole new board game tho....

[please note ... not still in the BB!]
  7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

That is soooooooo Daniel!! :lol: :lol:

I don't play and march in the house, but i have found myself humming a march and then walking down the road!!

At durham i was ok, any mistakes could be blamed on beer!!
  8. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

your all mad!!!! Marching should be a second nature to you all, although ive been told i wiggle when i march, due to the rather large heals i always wear i must add, bit of concenstration and a rather nice bum to follow you should always be fine!!!
  9. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

All that practice, and my marching was still rubbish. At least I brought my instrument though. Our solo (and only) trombone managed to put his bell and his slide in different cases.