Marching at Home

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Pythagoras, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

As we are marching tomorrow I thought I'd get a bit of practice in, so after manhandling my new lyre so that the music was not obscured by my bell, I spent half an hour marching up and down my landing playing Slaidburn and Army of the Nile. Was good practice as I had to repeatedly counter-march myself due to lack of space, and gloomy lighting prepared me for the inevitable miserable cloudy day ahead. Flatmates thought I was a right loon (though I did have my practice mute in). Please tell me this is normal behaviour.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    loon
    Home
    bit
    lyre
    behaviour
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I hope you kept in line with yourself and listened for the bass drum to know when to stop :!: :wink: :lol:

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

When I had my first marching job with Saltash Band on snare drum I got myself strapped up and marching round the house practising for it...
    The dog found it amusing.

So, you're not alone... but aren't going to say that I'm not a looney either :p

:lol: :bounce :hammer :grnsm ;-)

5. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Hmm, I wish I'd practised marching a bit at home before Whit Friday.
    Marching out of step, with Dyke waiting behind at Denshaw, you do feel a bit of a twirp, especially as you try to get back in step :oops: :oops:

6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

believe me when i say your not aloan, when i first joined the TA, i was marching round the house all the while. the only difference was i was listening to a personal cd player, and playing all at the same time. Now that is sad
    and maybe a little looney

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

You Loony???? Never Craig!!

I was in the bb for a while, so I know how to march ... playing @ the same time is a whole new board game tho....

[please note ... not still in the BB!]

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

That is soooooooo Daniel!! :lol: :lol:

I don't play and march in the house, but i have found myself humming a march and then walking down the road!!

At durham i was ok, any mistakes could be blamed on beer!!

9. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM....................

your all mad!!!! Marching should be a second nature to you all, although ive been told i wiggle when i march, due to the rather large heals i always wear i must add, bit of concenstration and a rather nice bum to follow you should always be fine!!!

10. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

All that practice, and my marching was still rubbish. At least I brought my instrument though. Our solo (and only) trombone managed to put his bell and his slide in different cases.