Manners

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by ploughboy, Sep 1, 2006.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Recently I've sent a couple of PM's in reply to folk advetising themslves as looking for a band.

No reply's!!!!!!! It would be nice, even polite, if you're not interested just to PM back a "no thanks" that way I wouldn't come running in from work every night in the hope that I might be about to fill that pesky empty seat!!

Many Thanks
    G

mods, apologies if this is in wrong place but seemed like the best spot for it!!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Oh lordy!!! tell me about it Ploughboy, been there, got the T shirt.

3. postie

postie Member

I hope that people do take note of this very rude not too respond to P.M's

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely. A little common courtesy goes a long way. :clap:

5. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Indeed - manners (and private messages!) cost nothing!

6. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Sadly, it's just a reflection of a decline in manners across the board.. Maybe I sound like a grumpy old man, but bad manners really annoy me.

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Not quite true from where I am sat though...;)

8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Awww, sorry John(and thanks)...I'll buy you a pint next time I see you - or even better, when my student loan/paycheck comes in i'll support the website....I think it's about time I did!

9. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Seconded! Well, actually, about fourthed or fifthed now, but anyway. But thanks to the people who do actually respond. Even if they are saying no! :'(

10. paddo

paddo Member

could not agree more, I have sent quite a few pm's in the last couple of weeks and more than a few have not bothered to answer, how rude!

Mark

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Thanks G
    wrong place
    folk advetising themslves
    apologies
  12. 2nd man down

Not excusing the bad manners that do invariably go on (I've had several non replies myself), but you must also remember that some people don't log on for days at a time *shudder! (how the heck can they exist like that!?!?!?)* and may not pick your pm's up for some time.

13. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Of course and i'm talking a couple of days/hours here. But I presume like me, when I get a PM I get an email as well, so i know straight away there's something for me online . . . .

14. dyl

dyl Active Member

That is optional for everyone PB, not everyone choose to be notified via email of a PM waiting for them. And for those that do, there's no guarantee that they've kept the email address in their profile up to dat - we've had quite a number of emails bounce back from out of date email addresses.

Not making any excuses at all here btw, as there can't be any excuse for bad manners, simply trying to explain how the PM mechanism works.

15. 2nd man down

not necessarily, i unticked my email notification of all posts and pm's (mainly because I'm on here so much that it wasn't necessary) but there is always the chance that others who log on less often have also done the same thing.

16. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

fairy nuff, I stand corrected oh mighty mods!

17. 2nd man down

Don't you forget it Bucko. :biggrin:

(See you in the bandroom tonight boss! )

18. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

In defence of anyone who has not responded to a pm, although I'm pretty sure I do (?), sometimes you are just having a quick look but no time to respond at that time and intend to respond at a later time, but then forget. Isn't that right John (TMM)? ;) :biggrin:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  19. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

2,990 posts and counting Susan. I can see where you would be 'pressed for time'!

20. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

I don't buy the "not logging in for a period of time" or "forget to reply" excuses in this context. If someone has taken the effort to post in this forum as looking for a band, then they have an obligation to maintain a watch for responses to their posts, whether it be directly in the thread or via PM.

I'm sure that many of the same people who haven't responded to Ploughboy's PMs would be upset if they had gotten the same treatment from a band advertising vacancies.

21. sounds just like when you apply for a job, if your not going to be offered it, you hardly ever get a reply from them, so as garry said, the hope stays with you until the last minute when you find the position has been filled by someonelse or in this case, the player has joined someonelse without letting anyone know.

I've had it done to myself aswell sending PM's to people and it does seem to be a regular thing that you dont get a reply for a long time, or never!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Thanks G
    wrong place
    folk advetising themslves
    apologies