Manchester

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JuHarper, Jun 19, 2014.

1. JuHarper

JuHarper New Member

Anyone from around the Manchester area? My OH is starting a new job just outside Manchester and we're looking at places that aren't in the city but within a decent commuting time. We're in Leeds at the minute and need a change from being in a big city.

Of all the details estate agent details we've been sent, these look appealing
    [TABLE="width: 421"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl67, width: 421"]http://www.bridgfords.co.uk/forsaleoffice/Alderley-Edge/377[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    but I don't know the area at all and would like a rough idea of how long it would take to commute.
    All advice gratefully received :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Manchester
    OH
    TR
    Leeds
    width
  3. halsasaurus

halsasaurus Member

Prestwich and Whitefield to the North Of Manchester near to M60 Junction 17 have good Metrolink connections to Central Manchester. You get to see more trees and green spaces with Heaton Park being the largest

4. halsasaurus

halsasaurus Member

Half an hour into Manchester by car in moderate Rush Hour Traffic. Probably 20 minutes to half an hour on the Tram and probably a bit more on Busses

5. owain_s

owain_s Member

What's your definition of 'decent' commuting time? Alderley Edge is about half an hour by train, but I suspect that if driving, you'd be needing a lot more time than that.

For a change from 'big city', do you need to be out in the countryside, or would quiet suburbia suit?