Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cornetshell, Sep 30, 2003.

1. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

I am a lickle Minty[fresher] and live in Manchester, in John Lester court- I am doing Music at Salford- and although they try to put stuff on and inform you of things- i dont really kjnow any good pubs[other than the old pint pot!!]

can anyone help??

And if anyone else is doing the course- please say hello to me!!

I am the wierd cornet player,
    say no more!!
  2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

3. On the Horn

On the Horn Member

Hello - big night out for music students on wed - tomorrow , there should be some posters up about it.
  4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

... of course there's the social in Manchester on the 1st November... see the posting about it if you haven't already... You'll soon get to know the best pubs then believe me!

(I'm the percist at the back making a lot of noise by the way...
    which wierd cornet player are you? There's loads! lol! :lol: )
  5. Cornetto

Cornetto Member

Hey! I'm in Fallowfield. Oak House to be precise.
    Any other band bocs out there? How come no one mentioned a social to me? :( Thanks guys...
    Anyway, keep me posted. Email add is on here, just click the link.

6. stopher

stopher Member

Scubar on Friday nights was usually a good laugh! Few banders in there and not too far fom Salford. Next to the Commonwealth Pool on Oxford Road.
  7. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

He he he Chris, you know ALL the classy venues!!!!
  8. stopher

stopher Member

I was usually there with Classy people Laura!!!!!!!!
  9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

all 5 of them ;)
    the pint pot, the moon, scubar, czech bar and sinclairs :p

(with gustav) :roll: :wink:

naomi, didnt maz mention something about a big nite out on the 29th? or was i hearing things :S

also, alex's band are playing the pint pot sometime soon, so by definition that will be a big night...
  10. horn1

horn1 Member

We were classy, weren't we????
  11. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

cool - wasnt expecting soooo many replies.

Naomi all i can say is GUSTAV!!

and thanks for holding my hair out of my face while i puked all up the curry mile.....very impressive i must add!!

Gaidan, that picture is not a true likeness. you forgot your horn.

Michelle :wink:
  12. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

your picture isnt a true likeness either.. it should be the other end that was on fire. I wont comment on hwat was coming out of it though
  13. stopher

stopher Member

Not the Gustav!!!

Gustav - He was bloody mad.

I used to have to get a train with him to Pemberton. All I will say is Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur......... Oooorrrrff.

Never forget him doing a yard of ale and then 2 yards of vomit!

And Nic, At 2.30 in the morning after several sherberts, an abduls, poppolino's or Rusholme, everyone that I had been out with that everning was classy compared to me!

14. On the Horn

On the Horn Member

Sure your all mad , no one can understand a word that gustav says , not even the other norweigens!!!
    Thermoman will get you all - muhahahah!!!!!!!!!
  15. asteria

asteria Member

Aidan, you forgot the footage! *tut* :roll:

Got any good pictures of Saturday night? Naomi - hope you've recovered by now, and as for Gustav....
    He is the swedish chef!! "catch de squirly squirel!!" (for anyone who never watched the muppets never mind...) :D

Michelle, were you the one sat with Maz? I'll say hi properly next time now i know who you are!

Anyone joining Maz for the shave-your-head fundraising thing? I'll sponsor anyone that does, but i am NOT joining in!! (I'm sure Gustav would tho, he has done it before, altho it wasn't for charity and we were using bic razors!!) :shock:
  16. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Shouldnt have *beeping* happened! :? I was hammered... thats my excuse (sad but true)...
    Besides, I have a date with ploughboy (aka Garry Hallas) later on :D can't wait...

I spent practically the whole day in bed yesterday. Got up at 6.30pm before rushing round the flat (and pegging it into uni to get my stick bag!) before band rehearsal!

No probs for helping you out in your little puking incident Michelle... it didnt put me off my curry, honest ;-)

see you later...
  17. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Bloody hell, Classy folk we were!! I'd do anything to do it all over again!!!! Er.................well maybe not!! Ah the days of the black horse, taxi into town, McNallys/ Firkin then down for a curry.................hey hold on, that still sounds kinda familiar, except without the black horse and the curry...............and Scubar will NEVER be McNallys, the lighting and the carpet just spoil the "spew anywhere" atmosphere!!!! Pontins anyone???
  18. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

sue me

We were getting Bryn to go "Hurdy Gurdy Urdy, Bork Bork Bork!!!"

He wasnt exactley a willing participant though was he ;)
  19. asteria

asteria Member

No no no, he was more than willing to begin with, he suggested it! Someone jokingly asked to bleach his hair with domestos, and he said no but we could shave it all off for him!

So we did. Only after the first hour he started regretting it, and after 2 hours he wanted us to stop and leave him with half a head of hair!!! :shock: About four in the morning people started getting bored and giving up, I think it took us around 6 hours in the end!

The memory brings tears to my eyes!! :lol:

Hurdy Gurdy Urdy, Bork Bork Bork!!! - Hahaha![/i]
  20. when is this aidan?