Manchester and District contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by rickcowens, Sep 29, 2003.

1. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

anyone going to the Manchester and District contest?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    District
    anyone
    contest
    Manchester
  3. horn1

horn1 Member

Of course! How could we miss the wonderful atmosphere that is Wardle School?!!!! :? It's a very well run contest just a shame there's no proper bar, it can be rather lacking in atmosphere!

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

we're going, all though I've just heard about the bar, We'll have to find a local public house to frequent!!!!! But we'll be in the bar in spirit all the way through!!

5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

If you're going to find a pub make sure that you go en masse. The locals may not be as welcoming as you might hope...

Shame about the venue. It now seems to be the regular venue for Rochdale Contest too and it doesn't really bare comparison with the old town hall.

D

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Thanks for the warning, Maybe a case of stella and a sarnie are in order!!

7. leisa

leisa Active Member

especially as they have valve oil in their vending machines!!!!

8. MattB

MattB Member

As an ex-Wardler myself I can vouch for the fact that yes, there is indeed valve oil sold in the vending machines. To see this extraordinary feature get down to Wardle High School on SUnday 23rd November.

Point taken on contest venue too. The problem I have with using the school is that I've played on there so many bloody times in the past while at the damn place that I have no butterflies before playing there! This, I have found, affects my performance!

9. horn1

horn1 Member

The last time we played at Wardle we went to the Flying Horse en masse, in homage of the old Rochdale contest days!!! Better than the school but still not as good as it used to be!

10. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

how menny bands normaly enter? dont they have a small bar at the contest? where does everyone go after they have played? wheres the nearist pub? what test piece is every one doing? i dont have a clue what were doing,just pulled loads ov em out, probably do finals piece

11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Details?

:wink: :D

ty

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    District
    anyone
    contest
    Manchester
  13. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

There's usually a bar but it sells (warm) bottles of (overpriced) beer and alcopops if I remeber rightly. The shool is not really any pubs (if I remember rightly) and it's been pouring with rain everytime I played there. Good day out though!!!!

14. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

dont think the bar is that badly priced... £2 for bottles £1.50/80 for pints I think! Get there first and ur beer will be refridgerated, but after that they're stuffin em in the fridge as fast as they're bein sold!! they do do a good meat and tattie pie and cheese n onion and stuff like that tho... still a shame its not at the town hall because u can fit more ppl in the flyin horse/litten tree/yates/regal moon...... :wink:

15. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

23rd nov i think, its a sunday. cya all there

16. lizi

lizi Member

Hazel Grove are going (so far!)

You'l definantly spot me, ill be the one who looks TOTALY scared, i always do at contests, both before and after weve played.

Oh yeah, and ill be wearin my lovely sexy pea green uniform!

Prob with a sarnie in one hand and a bottle in t'other!

17. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

fresh off the grapevine!

Crofton Silver band are going too,

18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Now that's a school with a dedication to music! My old school had 2 tiny practice rooms and an out of tune piano...

19. Dolly

Dolly Member

I'll probably be tootling on down there with Hazel Grove, cant say im getting too excited at the prospect though.