Manch. train station to RNCM

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Seedhouse, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Could anyone tell me how easy it is to get from Manchester Train Station to the RNCM, and if anyone could help with a map that'd be great too! (or directions!) ;)
    I'm travelling up for the Low Brass Day, and was thinking of getting a train!
    Cheers guys,
    Happy New Year to you all,
  2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

get to manchester oxford road station.. depending on where you're coming from you'll probably have to get a train to picadilly to get there.
    Go out of the main doors, keeping right go down flights of stairs (you should see a beggar on the left if its not below 7.5°c or raining) bear right over the cobbles past the parked cars under the arch then head up to the main road, this is oxford road. turn right and carry on walking on the right side of the road.. you should pass a spar on the right and as you cross over a side street the bbc will be on your left on the other side of the road.. carry on past the driving school centre and some random camping shop.. carry on still and some random computer boc uni campus is on your right in a brick building.. keep on going you will pass a park (if its daytime there'll be some hippies selling fruit and veg... if its dark, speed up ;)) keep going past more uni art campus things on the right, the next road on the right will be something st east.. cant remember.. anyway.. thats the back entrance to rncm if you take that road and turn 1st left past the barriers.. if not then carry on to the main junction and turn right and the front entrance to rncm is down there on the right...

p.s. you should be at rncm now...
    p.p.s. if you're not, have a nice curry you're probably in rusholme.
  3. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Or a taxi is good - I was once delayed on a train to Manchester Piccadily on my way to RNCM. It pulled in at 2.52 and I still made the Cory Concert at 3.00pm - only about £3 too as far as I remember.
  4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Aye Taxi is the way forward, only a couple of quid, you don't get and you don't get asked to buy a big issue!
  5. Laura

Laura Member

Aidan, you couldve made that a lot easier. If you manage to catch a train to Oxford road station then I wouldn't bother getting a taxi, they'd probably laugh at you. Come out of the station onto Oxford road, turn right when on Oxford road and just keep walking til you get to the manchester uni bridge that goes over oxford road. There's a cross roads just before this bridge and you should turn right onto Booth street west. The northern is on that street.
    P.S Aidan, Me an Lise found your address in my phone the other day (remember scu bar!?) so we're still going to send you something random when we can actually be bothered to do it!
  6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

haha i dont remmeber.. please dont tell me.

as long as its not the gay times or something that smells then ok.
  7. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I Cant believe you're taking directions to the RNCM off Aidan???

He never ****** turned up there... Thats why he's now at Salford!!
  8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

haha thats complete slander esp from a city fan!
  9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Shame he aint an Arsenal fan then you really could've ripped the P Aidan ;)
  10. Chris Sanders

Thats a city fan that keeps beatin your **** Bolton Boy!!

Keep Manchester Blue!!
  11. Chris Sanders

Cant believe it wont let me say ****...

**** aint swearin...

Aidan your an ****!!! :rolleyes:

Keep Manchester Blue!!